12th Kingdom ORPG

Mullit

Reaction score
This is an ORPG so i cant be bothered to make up a story but if anyone has an idea for a storyline that could go with my map please dont hesitate to post it. Its called 12th Kingdom because my bnet name is random_user12 and I cant think of anything better at the moment.

When i started this map my intention was to bring all the good features from the different RPGs that are currently out there and bring them to one map.

Features :-

Dungeons:
mainly just normal fight creeps and bosses to gain xp and get some loot at the end. I have not made it yet but I have plans to make a dungeon based on an escape map for those who dont want to fight all the time.

Quests:
so far i dont have many quests. this is mainly due to the fact I cant think of anything for people to do except killing and collecting things for people. any ideas appreciated.

Professions:
Tanner - There will be cow farms in the towns and wild animals on the rest of the map to get leather and hides to make light and medium armor.
Armourer - able to make various types of heavy and medium armor from metal at any forge located in the towns.
Fletcher - Makes bows and ranged weapons
Blacksmith - Creates weapons from metal in any forge loceted in the towns
Poleturner(may not do this) - makes pole weapons such as spears pikes and javelins.
Chemist - Makes various potions from ingredients found around the map.

Special items:
It will be possible to obtain special items from playing minigames located in an area near the last town. This area will work in a similar way to the gold saucer from ff7. if you dont know ff7 then basically you play the mini games and earn a special currency that can only be used to buy game prizes in that area.

Minigames:
i dont have names for the mini games yet so i will just explain a few.

- you are put in an area any have to collect coins. each time you collect a coin a slow moving creep with perm immolation will be spawned and constantly move towards you up to a total of 10 creeps. bsically you've got to keep moving and avoid the creeps while collecting the coins and not dieing.
the total amount of prize currency you get will depend on how many coins you collect. (there will be a limit to stop pros becoming imba)

- mini AoS up to 3 heroes at a time with an opposing hero spawned depending on the players' levels.

Heroes:

When you create a new character all you will do is pick a race and your primary attribute. You will then evolve/grow as you develop skills and gain levels. e.g If you pick orc you will start with a peon model no matter what your primary attribute. At lvl 10 or 20 (haven't decide yet) your character will 'grow up' obtaining a new model according to their primary attribute. e.g A peon with Strength as a primary attribute will grow into a grunt while one who chose intelegence will grow in to a shaman.

Each race will have certain benefits that are specific to their race. Here is a list of races and their benefits.

Human - Increased mp regen
Orc - armor bonus (thick skin)
Night elf - Intellegence bonus
Undead - Increased hp regen
Tauren - Strength bonus
Troll - Agility bonus
Naga - Amphibious movement

Each hero will start with 2 basic skills based on their primary attribute and race. Once they have 'grown up' they will be able to equip spellbooks found across the map. Each spell book will contain 6 abilities; strength and agility based heroes will be able to equip 1 spellbook while inteligence based heroes will be able to equip 2.

Spell Books:

Book of Fire
Meteorain - The Hero jumps to a target point leaving a trail of meteors behind him that damage nearby units.

Fireslash - The Hero charges at a nearby unit and slashes it, quickly moves to the next unit and slashes it and so on for 4 targets. (this spell is from vex's spell factory map)

Brazier - Creates a ward that gives the Searing Arrows ability to all ranged units nearby.(including enemies)

Book of Chance
Card Trick - The Hero draws a random card from a standard deck of playing cards and casts a spell on the target unit according to the card drawn.
Spade - slow
Heart - heal
Club - purge
Diamond - cripple
Joker - death (jokers are only included in the deck if the target is less than half the casters level)

Gambling Strike - Has a 50/50 chance to do triple damage or miss. Mana is consumed no matter what the outcome.

Book of Darkness
Mind Blast - Drains the hero's remaining mana to cause mana drained x3 damamge to surrounding units. damage is spread equally to each unit. (ie more units nearby=less damage dealt)

Blink Illusion - blinks to a target point leaving an illusion of the hero in their place. Illusion lasts for 10 seconds.

Life Tap - Periodically takes life from the target unit and adds it to the hero's current HP

Book of Poison
Death cloud - Summons a controlable desease cloud that gives disease to units that it comes in contact with.

Book of Earth
War Pound - The hero strikes the ground 3 times making ripples in the earth and damageing units around him.

Minion of the Earth Master - Summons a strong computer controlled golem to attack a target unit until he or the target is dead.

Book of Summon
Watchers - summons a group of fairies to watch a target enemy unit revealing the map nearby when not in sight.

Book of Mimic
Contains no spells but the carrier will learn certain spells cast on it by enemies.

progress so far:
Terrain - 90%
Triggers - 10%
Heroes - 2%
Items - 10%
Spells - 10%
Creeps - 50%

As you can see i have a long way to go but that is mainly because of lack of ideas. That is why I have come to you guys to help. Any ideas you have for quests, spells, minigames, items or anything else please post them.

NE village in the mountains.

The kobold mine dungeon.

The forest which at the moment has no creeps or doodads but that is going to change I just havent got round to it yet.

A foot bridge that the trolls have blocked off with some falling rocks so I wont have the walking over and under bridge problem.

Mullit

Reaction score
*bump*

come on everyone, I know you guys are great for ideas. Spells and quests is mainly what i need so if you have any ideas please post them.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
i have a quesiton, whered u get those models, the rail one, the houses and the BRIDGE oooh the bridge such a wonderful nice bridge! can u walk on it?
if u could it would be great

Story:
Long ago, people told each other about the legend. The legend of the 12th kingdom. The legend where soldiers became heroes. Heroes of the 12th kingdom. In this legend, the world of <name (Azeroth? :p ) has been divided into different areas. The areas wich all contain seperate races. The races are in war. The war... Of the 12th kingdom.
As a soldiers of one of the races, it is your mission to help your race, and make your race succesfull. You will begin as a weakling, but if you are a good soldier, your race shall reward you, and one day... One day soon... You will become a hero... Of the 12th kingdom!

You like it? I might have used 12th kingdom alot but well u didnt really tell us much about your game so. Ok...

hellmonja27

Reaction score
i like the name. though it's just from your name the name itself is very intriguing and provides, i guess, countless story lines. like they're defending the 12th kingdom or they're fighting for a peaceful 12th kingdom (since the current 11th sux) or there is this prophecy that on the 12th kingdom something happens.

the terrains look pretty nice already from here. seems you've done a great job. i really think a great terrain is really important.

as for ideas, i'm sorry but i can't help you there. i'm more of an AoS mapper and my brain's currently racked from thinking of new spells (currently trying to conceptualize a crazily unique support spell) and i'm busy with my map. i do, however, have time as a beta tester. i wish you luck on this map. seems pretty cool if you could pull off taking every good thing in an RPG and put it in the map. will look forward to your beta...

B

Bboy_vegeta

Mullit said:
*bump*

come on everyone, I know you guys are great for ideas. Spells and quests is mainly what i need so if you have any ideas please post them.
Spell :
i made kewl spell(well i think it is) but if u want it in your map PM me
go ahead and change the name, dmg , aoe etc etc...
(its based off flamestrike)
SUMMARY : Creates stones around and point, trapping all enemies inside being damaged overtime.
Note : Still workin on some things, but should have it done soon :D
Heres a screenshot : http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l173/Haratak/Screenshot.jpg
There are more effects inside the stones, but heres 1 of them
-----------------------------------------------------
Quest :
A fellow (what ever your race is) has been lost for over 2 weeks and has not been found. It was reported that he was near (What ever dungeon). Go and seek him, and bring him back to saftey.His rewardings are always great..But beware this task is not as easy as it sounds, this may be your last task!
REWARD :
[ANY ABILITY OF YOUR CHOICE]
[$$$$$]
Go ahead and change the rewardings if u want. :)
i hope i was of any help here =D but good luck on this

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Bboy_vegeta[B said:
Quest :[/B]
A fellow (what ever your race is) has been lost for over 2 weeks and has not been found. It was reported that he was near (What ever dungeon). Go and seek him, and bring him back to saftey.His rewardings are always great..But beware this task is not as easy as it sounds, this may be your last task!
kinda gives away that the fellow raceguy is still alive
if you want to have it like that you have to search for "any sign of survival" you could make it like this
A fellow (raceguy) has been lost for over 2 weeks and has not been found. It whas reported he said last he went over to (dungeon). Maybe you want to search there and search for any sign of survival. If you find him, and bring him back here, I will reward you greatly

Mullit

Reaction score
quauhtli said:
i have a quesiton, whered u get those models, the rail one, the houses and the BRIDGE oooh the bridge such a wonderful nice bridge! can u walk on it?
if u could it would be great

The rail one is actually a short fence that I changed the roll angle of and tinted it to look grey.
As for the houses if you type hut or tower into model search on wc3sear.ch they should be there. They are made by someone called !!GORO!! if I remember correctly.
the bridge i got from the 'ultimate terraining map' I think its on wc3campaigns, but i cant remember, I got it from a link. If you want to use it all you need to do is dl that map and export the bridge files to a folder then import it into your map. and yes you can walk on it if you import the pathing map too.

thanks for the story. I will probably use it with a few small alterations.

I have also just had a spell idea, tell me what you think.

Meteorain - the caster jumps into the air above a target area and unleashes a wave of meteors on to the ground below him damaging all units in an aoe.the meteor wave would probably have the rain of fire effects.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sick Design dude, you did really well on your terrain good luck. Put me up for a tester eventually when you can.

~ban-lord

B

Bboy_vegeta

quauhtli said:
A fellow (raceguy) has been lost for over 2 weeks and has not been found. It whas reported he said last he went over to (dungeon). Maybe you want to search there and search for any sign of survival. If you find him, and bring him back here, I will reward you greatly
ahh thats a better idea

Mullit

Reaction score
ive updated the first post with spells that are either in progress, made or down on paper to be made. this is so you know what I still need ideas for. Each book will contain 6 spells so if anyone has ideas to fill in the spaces I have in the books please post your ideas. Or if you have an ideas for a completely new book that would be even better. thanks in advance

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
small idea(s):

You can use packmules to transport misc.
You can buy Tents in order to make your own shelter.
You can use trading:
Instead of giving money to buy something, you may give a misc item to the shop assistant which he/she likes and gives you the item for free

;)

Mullit

Reaction score
I like the pack mule idea. I was going to use backpacks but i like the pack mule idea better since you will have to make sure he doesnt get killed.

I like the tent idea too but what use would it be?

As for the trading I think it would be hard to trigger, the player may as well sell the item they dont want and buy the item they do want.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
Tent info:

The tent may grant you health regain for free plus that you can place it to rest in any place.
Buying a better tent that has invisibility also allows you to rest in wild with no troubles ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.