World 14-year-old dies after exorcism

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's going to be hilarious when the people in the future laugh at us for using chemotherapy.

Just like we laugh at the one's who used leeches to remove blood diseases.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Lol, sure they are. That's the premise of their religion...

If you're make a jab, do it well. :rolleyes:

Education. College (and proper highschools, but those are nearly non-existent in the US, at least in NYC) makes such a huge difference on your outlook on both the world and life in general.

You do realize that most pastors go to college for eight years. Now, I'm not sure how these individuals spend those eight years in college, but I believe most would study diligently.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If you're make a jab, do it well. :rolleyes:

You do realize that most pastors go to college for eight years. Now, I'm not sure how these individuals spend those eight years in college, but I believe most would study diligently.

They study and practice how to exercise.

You wouldn't know it, but this guy is a pastor:

big-and-ripped.jpg

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
They study and practice how to exercise.

You wouldn't know it, but this guy is a pastor:

big-and-ripped.jpg

Don't pull a Jimpy. You're not witty.

Pastors spend four years in regular college (more education than some of you have), and then they get their doctorate in theology. Once you got your Ph.D, you can complain about our modern pastor's education. Frankly, it's better than yours. You can call the pastor a crook, but you can't call him stupid unless you have the proof. Right now, you have no proof, just a picture of a shirtless man.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Don't pull a Jimpy. You're not witty.

Pastors spend four years in regular college (more education than some of you have), and then they get their doctorate in theology. Once you got your Ph.D, you can complain about our modern pastor's education. Frankly, it's better than yours. You can call the pastor a crook, but you can't call him stupid unless you have the proof. Right now, you have no proof, just a picture of a shirtless man.

I'm not exactly calling them stupid, I'm calling them bigots. Sure they may ace all the biology, astronomy and psychology courses, but how can you really call it an education when they don't believe a word of what they're being taught?

Zakyath

Reaction score
>I'm not exactly calling them stupid, I'm calling them bigots. Sure they may ace all the biology, astronomy and psychology courses, but how can you really call it an education when they don't believe a word of what they're being taught?

If they don't believe anything of it, don't they also deny it? And if one denies all he is taught - has he learned anything at all? Sounds like a waste of years.

sqrage

Reaction score
If they don't believe anything of it, don't they also deny it? And if one denies all he is taught - has he learned anything at all? Sounds like a waste of years.

That's what I'm saying. Though I'm sure they do learn things from philosophy and as Ninva said, Theology classes.

btw Ninva, do you have any source about the average pastor going having 8 years of education?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Once you got your Ph.D, you can complain about our modern pastor's education. Frankly, it's better than yours. You can call the pastor a crook, but you can't call him stupid unless you have the proof. Right now, you have no proof, just a picture of a shirtless man.

Um... I never complained about our modern pastor's education. And I never said it was better or worse than what I have. Of course it would be. I'm only 15. I don't know where you got:

They be are stupid!

But I never did say anything like that. The picture of a shirtless man is merely something to brighten the mood. You seem to want to hurt me :(

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Religion versus Science is a pointless war.

The religious will believe their side and hope for a better world, while the scientific will try to understand the world in their own way.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
IMHO, the religious believe in waiting for the next world and never really live in this world.

sqrage

Reaction score

The religious will believe their side and hope for a better world, while the scientific will try to understand the world in their own way.

And obviously the strictly religious views favor superstitions and end up with young children dying because they chose a symbolic cure instead of a real one. I think the parents diserved it though, if they made a decision like this Im sure the kid had much worse coming later in his life.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score

Well..
We can always get each others' theories
Mock them
And embrace our own

(Cookies awarded to the first person who guesses where that response was adapted from)

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
The best medicine is the one that doesn't exist.

In many cases, people overdo it though.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
But I never did say anything like that. The picture of a shirtless man is merely something to brighten the mood. You seem to want to hurt me :(

Cry me a river. I've been threatened directly because of my Christian values. I'm not going to hurt you, kid.

That's it. The two have nothing in common. Religion is a belief system. Science is human interpretation of the world. If an ape could think like we do, his science would be much more different than ours. If someone stood up and said he believed in science, I'll call him a fool. Why don't you believe in something like a philosophy or a religion? Atheism is what you believe in. Sciencism isn't an ism.

One does not need to be an atheist to say, "Hm, evolution is a plausible theory. I'll take all the evidence I can find and publish my findings. If there's a significant flaw in the logic, I'll point it out in the name of human progress!"

I just hate this whole bigotry. I hate how narrow-minded both the right and the left can be. Those arrogant and selfish thoughts can rot and burn in hell. I hate them all!

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Chill, Ninva, chill.

We all get days where we just wonder why all of humanity is ridiculous.
Chill..

When I get mad at the human race, I just eat ice-cream.
Or drink 2litres of fruit juice..
Mm..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.