2 problems: Target point of issued order and damage target

Dasslokk

Reaction score
While making a couple of abilities I encountered these 2 problems:

Trigger:
  • (Terrain type at (Target point of issued order)) Equal to Sunken Ruins - Dirt
and
Trigger:
  • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Target point of issued order)
don't work. The condition is simly ignored while the action moves the casting unit to the center of playable map area. I have tried basing my ability of several diffferent abilities, both with points and with AOE.

Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 5.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

Why isn't this working? It simply does no damage.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
"Casting unit" and "target point of issued order" come from two different events...
Either wait for "is issued an order targeting a point", and use "triggering unit" (or "ordered unit") and "target point of issued order".
Or wait for "starts the effect of an ability" and use "Triggering unit" (or "casting unit") and "target point of ability being cast".

Dasslokk

Reaction score
I forgot to change it back to "target point of ability being cast" which I originally used. I just tried "target point of issued order" to see if that would work. And I don't fully understand what you were saying. But here's the trigger (as far as I got before encountering the first problem):
Trigger:
  • Dive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dive
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Sunken Ruins - Dirt
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s death animation
          • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Invulnerable
          • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
        • Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.