2 questions! +rep for useful answers

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Helo y'all, I have two problems that I need help with.
The first one is a trigger malfunction that I don't understand. The trigger looks as it should in my eyes, maybe I've missed something...
Basically what I want to do with this trigger is to widen the selection of skills for Heros on my map. I have made a unique upgrade building for each hero unit-type containing each hero's setup of unique skills. It should be simple enough to just give the hero the right ability when the proper researching have been made. But it's not.
It worked when using the "Unit - Add Ability" action, but then the abilities aren't levelable. But since I changed it to "Hero - Learn Skill" it promptly refuses to work, and now I'm stuck. I have another action version with the same goal, but that was equally unsuccessful.

Codes are in spoiler tags for the sake of space and making it easier to read :)
Code:
Buying Hero Abilities
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes research
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Researched tech-type) Equal to Improved Accuracy (Generic, Maksmanship)
            Then - Actions
                If ((Owner of (Researching unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)) then do (Hero - Learn skill for Hero_L_Purple: Improved Accuracy (Marksmanship Generic Px1)) else do (Do nothing)
                If ((Owner of (Researching unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)) then do (Hero - Learn skill for Hero_L_Yellow: Improved Accuracy (Marksmanship Generic Px1)) else do (Do nothing)
                If ((Owner of (Researching unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)) then do (Hero - Learn skill for Hero_L_Orange: Improved Accuracy (Marksmanship Generic Px1)) else do (Do nothing)
                If ((Owner of (Researching unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)) then do (Hero - Learn skill for Hero_L_Yellow: Improved Accuracy (Marksmanship Generic Px1)) else do (Do nothing)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
Code:
Buying Hero Abilities OLD
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes research
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Player_Temp = (Owner of (Researching unit))
        If ((Researched tech-type) Equal to Improved Accuracy (Generic, Maksmanship)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player_Temp matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Hero - Learn skill for (Picked unit): Improved Accuracy (Marksmanship Generic Px1))) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Researched tech-type) Equal to Rapid Shot (Generic, Maksmanship)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player_Temp matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Hero - Learn skill for (Picked unit): Rapid Shot (Marksmanship Generic Px5))) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Researched tech-type) Equal to Concentrate (Generic, Maksmanship)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player_Temp matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Hero - Learn skill for (Picked unit): Concentrate (Marksmanship Generic Px25))) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Researched tech-type) Equal to Headshot (Generic, Maksmanship)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player_Temp matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Hero - Learn skill for (Picked unit): Headshot (Marksmanship Generic Px25))) else do (Do nothing)

With this trigger below I just want to ask to not have to test it for an eternity to make sure that it works as I think it does.
See the If/Then/Else's where I want to determine what kind of item the killed creep will drop? The folowup question is simple; is that a functional way to do that?
My idea is that if the temp variable is 80 or below the creep will drop an item (80% chance). Then I redo the variable setting and say that the item will be a "10 Gold" item. What I'm thinking now, and hoping, is that since the other lines are below they will "overwrite" the previous item lines, saying that if the variable is under this it will drop that instead. Does that work? :p
Code:
Trigger - Creep Rewards
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
    Actions
        -------- ----- --------
        Set Chans_Temp = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 80
            Then - Actions
                -------- ----- --------
                -------- ----- --------
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 100) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 10 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 65) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 50 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 20) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 100 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 10) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 250 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 5) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 400 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Agility +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Intelligence +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Strength +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 2) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 1000 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 4) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Power) else do (Do nothing)
                -------- ----- --------
                -------- ----- --------
                Item - Create Item_CreepDrop at (Position of (Dying unit))
                -------- ----- --------
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        -------- ----- --------
        -------- ----- --------
        -------- ----- --------

Thank you for reading! +rep to all useful answers :thup:
~Advena

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You cannot learn an ability for a unit, if there is no ability to begin with...

Meaning, you first have to add the ability.

For the second question, if the random integer is, 1, for example, it will trigger all the conditions which will make you end up with 10 items.

"Skip Remaining Actions" helps you to end the trigger when you have triggered something to drop.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Trigger - Creep Rewards
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
    Actions
        -------- ----- --------
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 80
            Then - Actions
                -------- ----- --------
                -------- ----- --------
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 100) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 10 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 65) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 50 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 20) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 100 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 10) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 250 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 5) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 400 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Agility +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Intelligence +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 3) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Tome of Strength +2) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 2) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = 1000 Gold) else do (Do nothing)
                If (Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 4) then do (Set Item_CreepDrop = Power) else do (Do nothing)
                -------- ----- --------
                -------- ----- --------
                Item - Create Item_CreepDrop at (Position of (Dying unit))
                -------- ----- --------
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        -------- ----- --------
        -------- ----- --------
        -------- ----- --------

This trigger seems incorrect. The way you are doing the chances will not work. I believe Power will always be spawned instead Agility or Intelligence or Strength. Because all of them have almost the same chances. When you play with probability, the total addition of all chances have to be 100%. In your case, it's not 100% (though in some case, something might spawn out correctly. Yours is 100 + 65 + 20 + 10 + 5 etc etc... which adds up to more than 100%.

It should be something like that:
Code:
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 100
                Chans_Temp Greater than 85
            Actions
                -This gives 15% chance-
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 85
                Chans_Temp Greater than 82
            Actions
                -This gives 3% chance-
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 82
                Chans_Temp Greater than 79
            Actions
                -This gives another 3% chance-
            If - Conditions
                Chans_Temp Less than or equal to 79
            Actions
                -This gives 79% chance-
When added up, it becomes 100%.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
You cannot learn an ability for a unit, if there is no ability to begin with...

Meaning, you first have to add the ability.
So you're saying I should use both "unit - add" and "hero - learn" then?
I'll try that anyways, thanks :)

Hmm.. obviously I'll have to rethink the item-drop thingy. Is there an easy was to add an existing item-drop-table to a unit that isn't placed on the map but created while playing?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Is there an easy way

Not sure. I usually use the hard way like the above. Haven't played around with item drop table much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.