3 questions 3 answers...

muchalive

Reaction score
I have 3 questions to ask to all of the WE here.

Question 1 : i have a custom ability called desicrate that will unsummon an enemy building just like the ability that alcolytes have. The problem is that it wont let me use it on a enemy enless it is an undead building. Is there a way to change that? ive tried it on the object editor.

Question 2 : You know how undead buildings must be built on blight, well i would like to change that and make a requirment that will only allow you to build certain buildings on top of enemy existing buildings.

for example : the necropolis can only be built on top of a human townhall.
the ziggurot can only be built on farms. and the crypt can only be built on top of human barracks.

Question 3: I have a custom ability that will do damage over time to an enemy. I want to make a trigger that when a certain unit dies from this spell it will spawn a certain unit.

for example: I cast the ability on a peasent. if it dies with the effect then it will spawn a alcolyte. If i use the ability on a footman a ghoul must spawn.

I will be greatful for the assist :D

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
1. How do you want it done? You could just get a Finger of Death ability and have it only target buildings.

2. A simple solution would be to create another ability that targets buildings, then create a trigger like... uh...

Code:
Events: Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Farm and (Ability being cast) equal to (Building Converter)
Actions: Set (GeneralPoint) equal to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Destroy (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Create 1 (Acolyte that has the model file of a Zone Indicator) at (GeneralPoint) facing (Facing angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
            Add a 2.00 second expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            Order (Last created unit) to [B](I'm paraphrasing here)[/B] summona Ziggurat

3. A similar code follows.

Code:
Events: Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footman and (Ability being cast) equal to (SupahKillahAbilitizzle)
Actions: Wait until (Target unit of ability being cast) is dead equal to True
            Set (GeneralPoint) equal to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Create 1 Ghoul at (GeneralPoint) facing default building facing degrees

muchalive

Reaction score
question 1

mmm would it be posible to make a DPS: (damage per second) spell like doom to work on buildings?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Yes, set targets allowed to structures.

muchalive

Reaction score
resorces.

I have one more question to ask. For the converting building ability on question 2 i will like to make a trigger that will cost the player resorces when they use this ability. So... how do i do that? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.