A Buff related MUI problem

Ithladir

Reaction score
Hello fellow editors, as you might guess i have a problem making this spell MUI since the 2nd trigger that does per second and i do not know a good way to make it easier :(

The spell is an instant spell that will have its effect directly on cast and for the duration of the spell/buff.

Trigger:
  • Imminent Death cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Imminent Death
    • Actions
      • Set Owner_Of_Death_Knight = (Casting unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)))) Less than or equal to 15
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 9000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Death
          • Unit Group - Remove (Target unit of ability being cast) from Imminent_Death_Group
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to Imminent_Death_Group

Trigger:
  • Imminent Death Buff
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Imminent_Death_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer((Percentage life of (Picked unit)))) Less than or equal to 15
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause Owner_Of_Death_Knight to damage (Picked unit), dealing 9000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Death
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from Imminent_Death_Group
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

EDIT: As stated below i brought the wrong problem forward, the main thing is that i cant prove the killer to be the killer in this MUI problem and award him for it.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you want a spell one why you have the dmg type death?
Or if you want make the attack type chaos and dmg type NORMAL to have the most accurate effect?
I think you want to make the axe's(DotA) ulti?

Your trigger is not mui is gui

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Can you better describe what your ability is suppose to do?

Ithladir

Reaction score
If you want a spell one why you have the dmg type death?
Or if you want make the attack type chaos and dmg type NORMAL to have the most accurate effect?
I think you want to make the axe's(DotA) ulti?

Your trigger is not mui is gui

NoobImbaPro, The damage is totally irrelevant to the question since its not the problem and no MUI can be GUI and means its usable for several units at the same time.

@ Sgqvur, its suppose to kill more or less the targeted unit if it has less than 15% life left and its also a buff that lasts for 15 seconds which means that if the target goes below 15% during the time of the buff the target will also die.

Edit: And i know its not MUI that's the problem.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Everytime the spell is cast on a unit add it to a unit group

Every 1 second pick every unit in the unit group and do this:

Code:
check if picked unit has the buff
if it does not
    remove it from the group
if it does
    if its health is below 15%
        kill the unit
    if its not
        do nothing

And that will make it MUI

*Note: this requires two triggers

Ithladir

Reaction score
Everytime the spell is cast on a unit add it to a unit group

Every 1 second pick every unit in the unit group and do this:

Code:
if it does not
    remove it from the group
if it does
    if its health is below 15%
        kill the unit
    if its not
        do nothing

And that will make it MUI

*Note: this requires two triggers

Thanks but i already have that in my code if you read it, and i guess i told you the wrong facts, i don't know how to reward the caster with the notice that he did it, so if i go by a killing score i cant make it show that it was "that" person who killed the target.

Sorry for stating the wrong facts.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
i cant prove the killer to be the killer in this MUI problem and award him for it
I can't thread a thing of what you are "writing". You mean the caster (if hero) doesn't receive experience or what?

Thanks but i already have that in my code if you read it
Nowhere in your script could be found anything to do with buff except in the name of the second trigger.
This whole Death cast ability being mui, checking for buffs etc.. seems rather uneasy to do for me. Sry can't help....but someone else might.

Edit2:

Ok maybe this might work:
Base your ID ability on Acid Bomb and give it the right settings (duration of the buff etc) and make it do a very small damage (0.01 or perhaps a bit bigger) then trigger the first part (if the target unit of ability being cast life's less then 15 % then order the casting unit to damage it like you have in your trigger). Instead of the whole grouping and etc. make a trigger that picks every unit on the map that has the ID buff and instead of Damaging it with 9k dmg from some unit set it's life to 0.01 (enough for the acid bomb to make the kill) and hopefully the "i cant make it show that it was "that" person who killed the target." might just get solved.

Hope that works : ))

Ithladir

Reaction score
Edit2:

Ok maybe this might work:
Base your ID ability on Acid Bomb and give it the right settings (duration of the buff etc) and make it do a very small damage (0.01 or perhaps a bit bigger) then trigger the first part (if the target unit of ability being cast life's less then 15 % then order the casting unit to damage it like you have in your trigger). Instead of the whole grouping and etc. make a trigger that picks every unit on the map that has the ID buff and instead of Damaging it with 9k dmg from some unit set it's life to 0.01 (enough for the acid bomb to make the kill) and hopefully the "i cant make it show that it was "that" person who killed the target." might just get solved.

Hope that works : ))

Wow that was a good idea :)
though i never heard of the ID ability part i am quite certain that i get what your plan is and i think it would work just fine :)
I'm pretty sure i can make this happen as well so i just want to thank you for the great idea, + rep ^^

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here is what you need....
I think you are good enough to understand me...
Or modify the acid bomb as the SGQVUR said...

Ithladir

Reaction score
@NoobImbaPro, im sorry but i think you've got it wrong, the spell does no damage except if the target is below the set % life of the target.

Also this is not MUI since its a Unit variable and if someone casts it on another target the first one who may go under the % will no longer be affected. So only 1 unit can be targeted at the same time otherwise they will cancel the earlier casts.

Ithladir

Reaction score
@Sgqvur, Tried it out and it works just fine :) tho the target survives for a very brief time when the life becomes below 15% since the spell itself will kill it, this also makes the spell deal some damage anyway but this is good enough for me.

Thanks again :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.