A Cover of Fat Lip (originally by Sum 41).

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So there's this summer camp called camp jam, where you go n rock out with a temporary band, then at the end of the week you play a couple songs at a concert.. Pretty fun stuff.

So this is my favorite song our band had, I'm the drummer dude.. Please feel free to critique my drumming or anyone else's performance with anything positive or negative.. No words can hurt the good times we had on the stage ;D
[YOUTUBE]65fOPu-7xfM&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

I must admit, we put on a pretty sketchy performance, haha..

Oh yea and btw, I did my own version of the song, so the drums are different.. and sorry for the crappy quality youtube gives..

n[u]ll

Reaction score
We can't really see you.
:D

Creep! why are you trying to see me!

..well being a drummer, i dont get as much attention.. sucks huh?

and if thats the only bad thing you have to say.. then life is good :D

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I won't critique anything else because its not my type of musix.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I shall hide my musical elitism for the moment...

Guitarist needs to practice more... his playing was somewhat sloppy, whoever was singing did not hold pitch well, drums are okay, but you dragged a little bit. You need to keep the tempo. PRACTICE WITH A METRINOME!!! ALOT!!!!! ARRR!!!!

Balance needed work too. I couldn't hear bass line at all.

okok, I didn't hide my musical elitism well, but there ya go.. it's constructive criticism.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
I shall hide my musical elitism for the moment...

Guitarist needs to practice more... his playing was somewhat sloppy, whoever was singing did not hold pitch well, drums are okay, but you dragged a little bit. You need to keep the tempo. PRACTICE WITH A METRINOME!!! ALOT!!!!! ARRR!!!!

Balance needed work too. I couldn't hear bass line at all.

okok, I didn't hide my musical elitism well, but there ya go.. it's constructive criticism.

thx for that awesome critique ;D

i didnt notice myself dragging, but thx for pointing it out, i try to keep time the best i can, but i havent fully developed my internal clock yet -.-

and i cant say much about the other musicians, i havent seen them since that day..

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
The vocals need some work. I know live rock vocals are usually sketchy, but these guys honestly could use some work. They just kept fading in and out in volume like they were stoned - wicked. :p

Anyways, that wasn't too bad. You should start up a band and practice more than you did this summer. I bet you can really melt our faces with some pretty rad tuneage if you really work at it. :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I bet you can really melt our faces with some pretty rad tuneage if you really work at it. :)

But....but....I like my face!
:D
If you start up your own band, be sure to run a poll of possible names over here, that is if you're :nuts:
<3

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Nice vid. Singing was a bit off though. But me and some of my friends have a band so heres a cover we did (MCR - Welcome to the Black Parade (sorry, have to link it, we dont allow embedding))

Black Parade Cover

n[u]ll

Reaction score
thx for the comments guys, it seems like the majority of people just have a problem with the singing.. and i'm not going to say much about it, just cause there isn't much to say about it -.-

well since then I've been drumming for a couple bands, and both of the bands have a home recording studio (like a professional one).. so its likely you'll be hearing some high quality tracks in the near future..

oh yea and im saving up for a mixerboard and mics for my drumset, then ill be posting some covers..

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry if this is like BUMPing a sorta' old thread.

This was ok. Not bad, but not great either.

Like a lot of people said, the vocals could have some improvement. To be honest, the singing was bad. :( I could explain more, but that would hurt more. :p
Your drumming was good, but either you were off-beat, or the other people were off-beat. I'd say it was the others :) (seriously). They didn't really follow your beat and rythem.
The guitars couldn't really be heard and that might be because of the quality, but even so, on to instrumental breaks and things, they should be a little louder.

But good job anyway!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The singing sucked, I couldn't really hear the guitar at all, and youtube made your cymbal sound extremely loud, but other than that it was pretty good. :p
Was just gonna say that. >.<

The singer is completely off.
And the guitar should be much, much louder.

The drumming was probably the best part of it :D

n[u]ll

Reaction score
Thx for the critiques, won't really say much cause I agree with everything :D

Cheers!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.