A drowning effect...

H

Hacktually

Ok I have a map where heros can hide in deep water but I want them to begin to drown after being in the water for 15 secs. I want the unit to take damage over time until he dies or leaves the region. Any ideas on how to drain the life?

(btw i know people dont drown in 15 secs but this is an anti-camp trigger)

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Erm, you can make it based on the dive ability(or whatever). And start a timer to count 15 sec then begin to drain life. Whats that hard about it?

H

Hacktually

i dont know what the dive ability (or whatever) is...can u be more specific?

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Oh... ok - its simple actually the ability is called submerge. Detect when the unit "casts" this ability and start the 15 sec timer. When the timer expires use another trigger to begin to drain him periodically.
Simple enough?

H

Hacktually

actually using the submerge ability is useless...I just want to know how to drain...not detect it. I have that part ready to go....

Tonks

Reaction score
Calculate how much life the unit has, and remove 1/15th of the amount every second for 15 seconds.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Yea, well :) You still need to detect when the unit submerges, then start that timer, when the timer expires begin substracting life from that unit using periodic events.

Tonks

Reaction score
Yea, well :) You still need to detect when the unit submerges, then start that timer, when the timer expires begin substracting life from that unit using periodic events.

I think he intends to start killing unit when it goes in the water, and have it die over 15 seconds.

H

Hacktually

i detect it by a unit entering the water region...no need for ability. And where would i find the triggers to decrease a units life by a percent?

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Not kill then instantly, read the first post. Anyway, it should work like this.

Edit: Use "Unit - Set life(percentage)" or something like this...

H

Hacktually

ahh that makes sense and I finally got it worked out! thanks fellas :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.