A few questions

ianu74

Reaction score
1. Has there ever been a case where a unit is dead but a trigger that checks it says its not dead?

2. Dummy units doesn't work for computers on skills right?

I've experienced both, so can anyone tell me if its possible.

ianu74

Reaction score
1.My map occasionally stalls because of not "dead" units when their actually dead. Not sure why it happens though.

2. Give a computer a dummy unit and order it to cast a skill through a trigger, sometimes it listens and sometimes it doesn't. Is there anyway to fix this?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
1. Has there ever been a case where a unit is dead but a trigger that checks it says its not dead?
That depends how you're checking if it's dead. The alive/dead check used by GUI just checks if its health is 0, which is insufficient since corpses' health can be changed by triggers. This seems to be a foolproof method.

2. Give a computer a dummy unit and order it to cast a skill through a trigger, sometimes it listens and sometimes it doesn't. Is there anyway to fix this?
A dummy and ability that have been properly set up will always cast when ordered. Check your dummy's casting point and backswing (should be 0), movement speed (should be 0 so it does not have to turn before casting), and mana supply, and the dummy ability's casting time (should be 0) and mana cost.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.