Campaign a multiplayer campaign?

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
how bout it? i have family and close friends i play with all the time, and i would REALY enjoy playing a savable campaign with them. i know it can be done, so i think im going to try it. :thup: i have absolutly no where to start but its happanin' i can guarantee that...:D i will start on it next week...
but first question
1. when saving a multiplayer map , can you load it? later with more user players??? or do you have to stor a million and four cashes?:confused:

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
When you save a game during B.Net you can later host it only as a private game and only the people that were currently playing when you saved can join.

As far as I know, game caches can not be used on BattleNet. The only thing I think would work is an extremely complicated gigantic save/load system that would load everything a save game function would save.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
When you save a game during B.Net you can later host it only as a private game and only the people that were currently playing when you saved can join.

As far as I know, game caches can not be used on BattleNet. The only thing I think would work is an extremely complicated gigantic save/load system that would load everything a save game function would save.

dang it... i was hoping i could use cashes...:( that sucks...then what if ...nah ... then what am i going to use... so, shouldnt a normal hero save load system work? i mean when im acualy changing lvs, the only thing that is acualy realy customizable is the hero???:D so when i change a lvl in the campaign i just dupe everything other than the hero and bam... but i need some way to make it automatically enter the code for the hero... :/ hmmm

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well useing saveing and loading for a close knit campaing like this will work fine, i mean that was the only method for those huge starcraft rpgs, and it worked fine so i dont see the problem with that method here

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
well useing saveing and loading for a close knit campaing like this will work fine, i mean that was the only method for those huge starcraft rpgs, and it worked fine so i dont see the problem with that method here

if so, then that fixes all of one problem...i have no ideah how to make or use a save load code system...
but, :

ive sent an e-mail to blizzard asking if B.net uses caches... i guess all i can do now is wait...:cool:
if it does then goodbye problems...
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well any map uses caches, but B-net cant support a full blown campaing, what you would end up doing is to make one really really big map and seperate each portion into its own area so i resembles an individual map, like when you enter a shop, youll actualy instantly move the unit to another part of the full map that has the shop portion in it

so in short, you cant "change maps" and use a cach to recall the data fro mthe previous map, but you can move units around the map to emulate the idea

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
well any map uses caches, but B-net cant support a full blown campaing, what you would end up doing is to make one really really big map and seperate each portion into its own area so i resembles an individual map, like when you enter a shop, youll actualy instantly move the unit to another part of the full map that has the shop portion in it

so in short, you cant "change maps" and use a cach to recall the data fro mthe previous map, but you can move units around the map to emulate the idea

i have an ideah... though it is epic... :p at first i fill the epic sized map with what i need , and as you sied section it off, but then, when a section of the thing is done i obliterate the past section and make continuos loops of stuff untile it is done ( i highly dought this will work but it is an idea:D)
and id all else fails use that save/load code system.
then if that fails just say "screw B.net and make it over lan :D"

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
but,
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37153
in this, from what i got from those tutorials is that for the simplest things like how many letters and numbers there are in you code, there is a number. like 4, which could stir like 1.6 mil gold/ lumber. if i were to change that to 5 would it mess up or just make it save more?
also, i have no idea how to make it save my own custom units and items. i read that part on them, but i honestly didnt get it at all...

hmmmmm. well, i guess for now i will work on it bieng the lan, but will get it on b.net...:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.