a question about Multiboard

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I have a multiboard named TomBoard, at some point, I want to hide it from a player, so I do this:
JASS:
//....
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(p) then
        call MultiboardDisplay( TomBoard, false )
    endif
//...

But when I test my map with other players, they didn't see the TomBoard too
Can someone help me ?

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
I guess that you have displayed the multiboard before of that, but I don't see anything wrong in that block...

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I have displayed it when I create it:
JASS:
//..
call MultiboardDisplay( TomBoard, true )
//...

I need to call that (without the block) and it will be displayed to all players, right ?
I only use that block at a point when I want to hide it. But when I use that block, the other players didn't see it too.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
I mean, what do you assign to p?

Perhaps it's a flaw there, causing the "if" to always return true

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
p is the id of the player whom I want to hide the board from

EDIT: actually, I hide the TomBoard and then I create a new multiboard for temporary use. I can create many multiboards, right ?

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
yes, you can create multiple boards, but if you still use the TomBoard variable, it will show that one.
What Magentix is trying to find out is: "Are you sure you're setting p to the correct value? Are you sure a mis-assignment is not causing the display error."

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
Oh, I don't understand what Magnetix means, but I understand it now. I don't think there is a mis-assignment.
So I just start my explanation over.
I'm currently working on a fsgui system, to extend inventory, and this system uses floating text to display description of the items, but floating text have some problems so I use multiboard instead. To use a multiboard as a description box, I have to hide the TomBoard and create a new one, after I finish using this description box, I destroy it and show the TomBoard. But my problem is: when I hide the TomBoard, using the block above, the other players don't see the TomBoard too. And sometimes the description box disappears.

For example: an unit owned by player 1 (id = 0, right ?) enters inventory, I use the block above to hide the TomBoard from player 1, but the Player 6 don't see the TomBoard too.

And if my explanation isn't clear enough, sorry for that because my English isn't good. :D

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
player 1 (id = 0, right ?)
correct

And to your problem, well since I use the getlocalplayer() stuff for multiboards in my own map as well, I know that it works. So you should ensure that "p" in your case, is REALLY and ONLY the one player the board should be hided for. If it doesn't work at all just show us the whole trigger please.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.