A Question About Zombie Survivals

giragesh

Reaction score
hi i am making my first propper map after a fair bit of exploration on the editor

i am ok at terraining and gui triggers and know how to get around the pallettes and other editors but i dont know JASS so please stick to GUI

my question is

How do i make the "zombies" attack?

ty

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You order the zombies to attack through triggers with the action Unit - Issue Order Targetting a Point. You can also order them to target a unit if thats what you want.

131ackout

Or, the zombies attack without using triggers..

simple?

giragesh

Reaction score
i have tried that but i cant seem to get the trigger to "recognise" the zombies any suggestions on that?

i think i made my trigger:

unit- unit comes within 10000 range of "spawner"
conditions
Unit- unit type equal to "zombie"
actions
Unit- order triggering unit to attack move to center of playable map area

131ackout

10,000 range?

Too far away, thats why.

Try reduce it

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Are the zombies being created through triggers? If so, you could just add the action to move them in the trigger they are created, or switch the event in your trigger to Unit Enters Your Region.

giragesh

Reaction score
i have also tried to set my attack aquisition range to the max allowed but du to problems with zombie sight radius it doesnt work

for some reason my zombies are walking to the middle of the side of my map and back to my spawner in the corner

giragesh

Reaction score
another Q

are there any template zombie survival maps around?

migh make my life a bit easyer

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
set the zombie's sight to 9999999 in day and night and acquiste range to 999999 i think it will surely work that way...

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
for some reason my zombies are walking to the middle of the side of my map and back to my spawner in the corner

Someone else recently had that problem. Give the zombies to a computer player, not Neutral Hostile.

As for ordering them, depending on what you want, use the "A unit enters region" event. That region can be a specific one, or the whole playable map area. Then tell them to attack-move to your desired point. And give your computer player full view of the map with a visibility modifier. This will effectively give the zombies full sight radius.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Create a trigger that Enables visibility throughout the entire map for the zombie player. Set the aquisition range to 20,000 and peng - it's done. That is the most easiest way.
But:
1) zombies will automatically attack weak targets, not the closest target to them.
2) I've seen that on a lot of maps. Don't spawn too many zombies at once. the massive unit retardness will fuck up the ai movement when about ~100-120 units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.