A unit having 2 same abilities

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
I don't have the time to test it now so someone please tell me if you know.

What happens if a unit has 2 same abilities? Will it have double bonuses if it's not an aura? Will the second ability be added at all?

What happens if I increase the ability's level through triggers (wich of the abilities will have it's level increased? both?).

If the unit CAN have 2 of the same abilities, when I remove one, will they both be removed?

If the ability IS an aura and I remove it via triggers and the second ability will stay, will the aura buff, counting from the first ability, disappear for ~3 seconds until the second aura goes into effect?

Easy +rep here ^^ I'm mostly concerned about the last question.

Edit: I need very precise info here please. Don't say things like "It probably..." or "Most likely it...".

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
I don't believe you can add 2 of the same spell to a unit.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
I've never experimented with it first hand, but when you add abilities through GUI, you aren't able to add it again.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
spells have an ID
so if you have 2 spells with the same ID both will be affected by triggers
Yes i do believe they will stack however when one is used, the other will be on cooldown as well

so something like

Remove Lightning Shield ability from triggering unit
or set level of lightning shield +1
will in fact remove both abilities based off of the same spell or level both abilities
actually they dont stack because they will have a cooldown at the same time no matter what

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Aura's don't stack.
The highest level aura takes priority.
Unless it's two different damage aura's.
The same aura won't stack with itself though.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Adding the very same ability twice doesn't work.
It will only show up once.
No difference either whether it's added by Object Editor or trigger.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I meant like;
If two allies have the same aura;
The aura with the highest level takes priority.

So if I had level 10 Command Aura;
And Genyuumaru has a level 15 Command Aura;
His would take effect on both of us,
And my level 10 aura would get "discarded".

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Yeah. Just as I thought 2 same abilities can't be added to a single unit (I remembered it from a different map).

WarLuvr3393 was right from the start (+rep).
AceHart backed him up + thx for the info that it's the same in the object and the trigger editor (+ rep)

YourFace gave me a lesson about spell ID's (that I already knew about :p), but that's a bit different.

>will in fact remove both abilities based off of the same spell or level both abilities

I'm not sure about this. I think you're wrong here. Auras based from a single ability are counted as different abilities and triggers count abilities based on the same ability as different ones even if they have the same ID (I love you world editor!). All abilities count as different abilities, just the order to use them is common.

Still. + rep for you too :D

WolfieNoCT your info wasn't of much help (And I knew all that :)), but it's the thought that counts ^^ (+rep, yeah, I'm in the mood right now xD). Edit: bummer. I can't add rep for you, sorry ^^ Don't know why. Forum bug? I don't realy know how forums work, I'm more into wc3 coding ^^

Thx for your help guys.

Thread can be closed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.