a very simple question... 'BTLF'???

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
what is BTLF?

JASS:
call UnitApplyTimedLife(d, 'BTLF', 0.5)
call UnitApplyTimedLife	(unit  whichUnit, integer  buffId, real  duration)

i've been trying to figure out how to add an expiration timer to a dummy unit in jass and apparently, the above way is how one would go about doing it..
i have seen many examples of spells and it uses 'BTLF' as buffID...

what is BTLF?

jig7c

Reaction score
so Generic Timed Life is a buff?

every time i use UnitApplyTimedLife, i have to use BTLF... right.. which means in GUI, Unit - Add an 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You don't have to use BTLF. You can use anything. It's just Generic is used because most of the time the need for it doesn't encompass the other buffs. Also, usually when people use any timed life, it's for locust units, dummies, and projectiles. Nothing much else really.

jig7c

Reaction score
thanks sevION

another related question
(i don't have WE on this computer)
if i went to the Buff Editor in the Object Editor...
and press Ctrl +D which brings up Raw codes... under what buff will i find BTLF? or I won't?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
The reason why we use BTLF (Generic Timed Life) is because it is hardcoded (not editable in the object editor) and because it doesn't have any side buffs. It is basically the standard timed life.

However, there are also a few more timed life buffs, all of which can be found in the object editor (search by rawcode will show the right ones):
  • Animate Dead 'BUan'
  • Disease Cloud 'Bapl'
  • Force of Nature 'BEfn'
  • Healing Ward 'Bhwd'
  • Skeletal Minion 'Brai'
  • Water Elemental 'BHwe'

Not that there is much to edit, though. =P If you ever need to find a quick reference to the rawcode of a certain timed life buff, just look for the GUI function for adding an expiration timer, since all of these are listed as presets.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.