A Virus

radienx000

Reaction score
I got a Virus on my computer, and its called TSPY SINOWAL.GE. But I can't get rid of it, i know where it is. But it says access deind. I'm using another computer that is not infected by the way. Anyways can anyone know how to get rid of it?

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
bad news dude:
I don't know how to 'kill' a virs
Your antivirus system didn't work?

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
as much as i hate to say it, TH is not the greatest place to be seeking help with Virus Issues, its a loose tech forum for small problems, you really aught to go to www.castlecops.com, they specialize in this sort of situation..

Reaction score
I suggest Tryin out the HijackThis (download here)

Check out it's tutorial here first thou. See it here

Also, next time my suggestion of antivirus system would be Ewido+Avast+AdAware.

I can't think of anything else as I've never heard of a virus with that name.

Probably a Trojan Horse, Thus, I recommend re-installing your PC

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Are you sure that's the actual name? Typing the virus name + "removal tool" always got me the right thing in the past, however this doesn't seem to work in your case.

chris

Reaction score
Firstly what anti virus software are you using...as differnt vendor have varients of some virus names and this can explain why sometime you cannot find a removal tool.

We also need to know thing like have you run the antivirus software check while in safe mode, which will sometimes stop the virus from running at the start allowing you to remove it.

And last how long ago since you became infected as some vedors can take a few days to make a removal tool.

Failing that i wound get in touch with the vendor and have a word with them. But if all else fail i would get bit defender on the free trail and try running that and see what happens.

Hope this helps

radienx000

Reaction score
I got rid of the virus, but now i have a bigger problem! I Got Another virus and this time there is about 3. I use PC- Cillin 2005 and its updated. I scan and i found some viruses with it. Though the Virus is in a folder with many other files, and i search and search for it but i can't find the file. I think its hidden or something. Its in my WINDOWS Folder though the heart of my system.

Reaction score
Well...
There are almost always a way to fix it, but still.. I suggest you re-installing your pc.

If aa trojan enters my pc, even for two minutes, I would never trust my PC until it's fully re-installed again.

I highly suggest to try out avast from www.avast.com

Or if youre really desperate...

I haven't done this for awhile, but, download HijackThis at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html, run it and save a logfile. Then post the logfile here.

I cannot guarantee that I will fix everything 100%, but usually most of the Viruses/malvare/trojans etc. can be removed with HJT.

Also.. Never EVER try to fix something on HJT if youre not sure. Why? You might ruin your windows.

Tonks

Reaction score
Running in Safe Mode is a good way to get rid of a file if it is denying access.. Simply because in Safe Mode the Virus can't run itself to restrict the files.

Heh, I got a really bad trojan once, it piggybacked on my internet or some such shit. I swear, it was like I was flooding my internet with downloads, it took about 25 minutes to load a page, and about as long to open a folder. I had to sweep my comp completely to get rid of it.. Kinda sucks.
As I said before, don't trust comps ;)

A good Antivirus is the Norton antivirus system. I've had very few problems since I got it. Unfortunately, it costs money ;)

chris

Reaction score
I got rid of the virus, but now i have a bigger problem! I Got Another virus and this time there is about 3. I use PC- Cillin 2005 and its updated. I scan and i found some viruses with it. Though the Virus is in a folder with many other files, and i search and search for it but i can't find the file. I think its hidden or something. Its in my WINDOWS Folder though the heart of my system.

Quite a few virus do this so dont worry too much. what you need to do is again start the computer in safe mode and then run the anti virus scanner. it may also be worth running all of the other security apps you have on the computer (ie..hijack this) and then reboot the system.

I would also turn OFF the system restore that window has as this can harbour the virus that has been on you system.

Failing all of this my friend i would run another virus scanner.

Failing that and if you know how run a full system reset and get the computer back to its default setting and virus like the ones you have can become really irritating after a while.

I also would reccommend that you by a new anti virus package, one with rook kit protection cause if you visit site like you seem to be dong you will not get very good protection from the 2005 versions as virus coding has moved on since then and these will only offer you limited protection.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
Yes.
Completely agree.
And you need to update it constantly.
Suggesting to buy the latest Mcaffe or Avast!

chris

Reaction score
Yes.
Completely agree.
And you need to update it constantly.
Suggesting to buy the latest Mcaffe or Avast!

Thank you my friend..

One thing to add to that..if you have a slow computer dont use norton anti virus as it can be very memory hungry.

I would go for Avast as R@d14nc3 suggested or Bit Defender security suite (which includes firewall) which i am using a trial version of at the moment and it looks quite promising...(ps..i have a quick computer and even ive noticed a differnce since i got rid of norton.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
>Thank you my friend..
Am I a friend of yours already? :p ty.

>One thing to add to that..if you have a slow computer dont use norton anti virus as it can be very memory hungry.
As you can see I never suggest Norton just for that :)

>I would go for Avast as R@d14nc3 suggested or Bit Defender security suite (which includes firewall) which i am using a trial version of at the moment and it looks quite promising
Avast FTW!

radienx000

Reaction score
Omg, now my computer keeps on Restarting itself, like a few minutes after logging in. Thats it i'm going go with Amfidamant's idea, re-installing my computer.

Though i need to find out a way to backup my files into some storage area, so i can re-install my computer. I was thinking of using a USB, cause burning it will be much slower. Any other suggestions?

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
>Though i need to find out a way to backup my files into some storage area, so i can re-install my computer. I was thinking of using a USB, cause burning it will be much slower

Do it, but make sure you transfer it to a PC with antivirus, so that the problem isn't also transferred ;)

chris

Reaction score
yep...usb is the best way as if you try to burn cds and the computer resets you have to start all over again.

Reaction score
Hmm.. One of ideas would be rent or borrow a spare Hard Drive.
Usually, there are give-aways of old hard drives thare are around 1-6Gb and still owrking :)

And you can always put more than two hard drives into PC (For example, I run with two 60 gb and two 40 gb)

Or, if your hard Drive is split, put everything into non-windows partition and reinstall just the one that has windows. Might mess up Registry and some other stuff (Just minor things - Game configurations, save paths, cd-keys (Minor haha! ;) ) etc), but works fine.

radienx000

Reaction score
Don't worry, I don't need to reformmat because I cleaned all the problems off my computer, including the virus. I'm using one of the best Anti-viruses, its called Symantec Anti-Virus. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.