A Wilderness Survival-type game

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
So far me and my friend have a list made up of some of the possible item combos, using basic materials that are common to find. These materials can be used to make other materials or combined to create more complex materials.

Basic Materials:
Branch
Snowball
Stone
Fruit
Vines
Leafs
Ice
--------------------------------
Stage 1 - Single items:
Branch - Twigs
Snowball - Snow
Stone - Flint
Fruit - 20% Chance Posion
Vines - Thorns
Leafs - Tinder
Ice - Crushed Ice
--------------------------------
Stage 2 - Double items:
Branch + Branch - Large Branch
Branch + Snowball - Nothing
Branch + Stone - Nothing
Branch + Fruit - Nothing
Branch + Vines - Slingshot
Branch + Leafs - Unlit Torch
Branch + Ice - Skis

Snowball + Branch - Nothing
Snowball + Snowball - Large Snowball
Snowball + Stone - Frozen Rockball
Snowball + Fruit - Nothing
Snowball + Vines - Bundle of Snowballs
Snowball + Leaf - Nothing
Snowball + Ice - Iceball

Stone + Branch - Nothing
Stone + Snowball - Frozen Rockball
Stone + Stone - Blade
Stone + Fruit - Fruit Juice
Stone + Vines - Nothing
Stone + Leafs - Nothing
Stone + Ice - Icy Rockball

So far thats the list.

Feel free to suggest any addition combos using the above "Material" list or suggest changes to the existing combos. Any help with this will be appreciated!

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Branch + Snowball - Nothing

Staff of Frost.

> Branch + Stone - Nothing

Could always make some kind of staff.

> Branch + Fruit - Nothing

Charms a level 5 or less Creep (Carrot on a stick...)

> Snowball + Fruit - Nothing

Icecream, better "fruit".

> Stone + Leaves - Nothing

(Gun)powder...

Ice + Leaves - Ice Tea

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
Hmm great suggestions!

However this is more like a realistic-ish wilderness, Where...Icecream cannot be made w/o milk....Or wizardary is not existant for the most part...

However... creative!!!!

I

Ident1ty

What about animal parts?

Basic -
Bone
Feather
Animal Skin
Teeth

One Item -
Bone - nothing
Feather - nothing
Animal Skin - Leather
Tooth + Tooth - nothing

Double Item -
Bone + Bone = Sturdy Bone
Feather + Feather = nothing
Leather + Leather = Thick leather

Stick + Feather + Tooth = Arrow
Sturdy Bone + Vine = Bone Bow
Thick Leather + Thick Leather + Vines = Thick Coat (vines are a draw string to hold it up on your shoulders)

Just some basic ideas, working on my map so can't sit here for 30 minutes thinking of a random assortment of natural items dropped by animals.

I

Ident1ty

No problem, I am glad to help *cough cough* rep plz *cough cough* I'm also gonna go think up more stuff....

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
Good Idea

Thats a good idea, Would the Players Have some kind of home base, like a tent?
Cause, if they dont, you could make a tent with like 4 animal skins and 4 sharp branches.

I

Ident1ty

New Elements!

Basic -
Dirt
Water Droplets

Better -
Dirt + Dirt = nohting
Water Droplet + Water Droplet = Water
Dirt + Water = clay
2 sticks + clay = bucket
Bucket + Water = Bucket of Water

Complex
Stick + Stick + Large Branch + Leather + Leather = Teepee
Clay + Clay + Large Branch + Large Branch = Adobe Base
Clay + Rock + Adobe Base + Leaves + Leaves = Adobe

An adobe is a clay house mainly made by Indians which used leaves as floor matting and clay to build the walls. The Adobe should have some advantage over the hut like a +hp regen aura-

Effect Name : Safe
Effect Description : You are near a secure home, relaxing you.

I

Ident1ty

I'm on a roll with these survival ideas! Well partially due to the fact that I myself was creating a "unique" survival until I realized there is like 10 others of them. I just quit because I want something new...

Better -
Rock + Rock = Stone
Stone + Stone = Sharpening Stone
Sharpening Stone + Rock = Sharp Rock (destroys the sharpening stone)
Large Branch + Sharp Rock = Large Spear
Large Spear + Fruit = Poison Spear (does a poison damage)

Complex -
Twigs + Twigs + Leaves + Leaves = Leaf Umbrella (prevents any effect from Rain, which makes sense) Umbrella is destroyed after 5 minutes.
Twigs + Twigs + Sharp Rock + Sharp Rock = Spikes (can be layed where you choose which deals damage to anyone who passes over them)

Sargon

Reaction score
How about branch + sharp rock equals axe? Regular branch, that is, not large branch.

I

Ident1ty

Good idea, completely skipped over the axe lol :banghead:

New Elements!

Basic-
Grass

Single Item-
Grass - nothing

Double-
Grass + Grass - nothing

Complex
Grass + Clay + Leaves = Camoflauge (gives a WW type ability with 0 break damage)

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
Ident1ty said:
Complex
Stick + Stick + Large Branch + Leather + Leather = Teepee
Clay + Clay + Large Branch + Large Branch = Adobe Base
Clay + Rock + Adobe Base + Leaves + Leaves = Adobe

An adobe is a clay house mainly made by Indians which used leaves as floor matting and clay to build the walls. The Adobe should have some advantage over the hut like a +hp regen aura-

Effect Name : Safe
Effect Description : You are near a secure home, relaxing you.

Hmph... i think my idea of 2 animals skins + 4 stick should make a tent is better..., plus you wont have to make a new model.

I

Ident1ty

Who has to make a new model? Import one from wcsear.ch, and plus it would add a unique feature from all other survival maps. There is only one reason people play a map, and that is because it is more unique and fun than others of the same genre. Sure you could go for a completely fun map that is cliche to the 100 others. That would simply make yours as popular as the next in line. However I'm not saying by introducing the adobe by itself that would make you better than the other maps, but something unique to remember the map for would.

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
Ident1ty said:
Who has to make a new model? Import one from wcsear.ch, and plus it would add a unique feature from all other survival maps. There is only one reason people play a map, and that is because it is more unique and fun than others of the same genre. Sure you could go for a completely fun map that is cliche to the 100 others. That would simply make yours as popular as the next in line. However I'm not saying by introducing the adobe by itself that would make you better than the other maps, but something unique to remember the map for would.

Thats true, having custom Models gives the map a certain allure, maybe thats what my map needs....

I

Ident1ty

Yes, custom models do add a sense of originality to the map, but then do not focus around the models, they are just part of the equation. The originality of items, plot, and gameplay are also major factors. So if you have a choice between the easy cliche choices or the slightly more complicated, yet novel concepts, take the latter always. Like the adobe (not bragging about my idea) but it is not only probably going to have a custom model but it is not in any other survival that I have played. Now if you could make a nice loading screen that describes why you are on the island (plane crashes are cliche so please don't do that, I figured out noone wants that with personal experience). Currently I am brain dead but if I do think of a good idea on a plot then I'll be sure to inform you.

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
Shamless pLug alert!

well, im gonna host a custom hero skin contest on my thread, Mrp (not Miyog)
Any one is allowed to submit skins, and multiple submissions are allowed, see thread for more details :D

Out

I

Ident1ty

Way to advertise your thread in another persons lol.
Anyway I was thinking a plot something along the lines you are each kidnapped (dunno someway to get them in possession of the scientists) and put into a test area where you are observed or whatever. Just an idea to start you plot off on, dont flame me I know it sucks..

D

Deathbedeli

Actually me and my partner already have an idea:

You are sailing your way from someplace to someplace and about half way there, your loud and noisy crewmate gets into a arguement with the captain.
After the captain starts arguing back all of your crewmates start going against him and eventually, The captain casts you all off the boat. Stranded in the middle of the ocean your crewmates spot land off in the distance.

Might improve on it later

I

Ident1ty

Not bad, what I was talking about when I said something new was like something different than the stranded on an island... Whether it be boat wreck or plane crash, just think of something :) Hell a time machine into the past before any civilization would work too

D

Deathbedeli

So pretty much my idea plus:

When you finally find land you and your crewmates find a strange looking portal. Being curious as all people naturally are (and more so with your crew) they all hold hands and go thru the portal to find themselfs in the PAST!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.