Abbadons Ultimate

Windwalk

Reaction score
Mkay so i wanna know how Abbadon's Ult is made.. Like when he is attacked no dmg is dealt to him WHATSOEVER and is healed that ammount of damage dealt..

so how is this done?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Using damage detection I believe.
Then just heal the amount of damage he took times two.
(times two to heal the amount he took [bringing him to where he was before taking the damage], then to actually heal him)

Windwalk

Reaction score
(times two to heal the amount he took [bringing him to where he was before taking the damage], then to actually heal him)

great thanks im glad i could see it in a trigger

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Great thanks.
I try to help and you be rude.

EDIT: By the way.
You may not realize this but you didn't ask for a trigger.
"so how is this done?" is what you said.

Don't worry though, I won't try to help you again ;) !

Lumograph090

Reaction score
=( My bad, I just new that its a pretty frequent thing for people to ask how DotA spells are made so I just keep that link book marked =0

good luck with your spell though, I'm sure someone here can easily, and quickly give you a trigger to do what you need! :thup:

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You're rude and can't use the Search function.
Nice.

Don't know why I'm even helping you...The nice in me is, too nice.

istar

Reaction score
That thread is such garbage, they give jack shit for information to anyone who would actually hope to trigger or write any of those spells/abilities.
in what way is the thread nonsense? it explains in mostly layman terms what the abilties entails, not too detailed but neither is it nonsense

TideOfChaos

Reaction score

Well, that might not work, because the damage is dealt then healed.
If the hero is on say, 50 health and they are attacked with an attack that deals 100 damage, they'll die.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
in what way is the thread nonsense? it explains in mostly layman terms what the abilties entails, not too detailed but neither is it nonsense

Its a fail thread because anyone who wants to make a DotA ability for them selves and has to look it up in the first place will have no idea how to recreate the ability based on how little information is given in that thread.

That is why the thread is garbage. :thdown:

istar

Reaction score
you misunderstood the intention of the thread, its a dota forum, not map-making forum
the information is there not to teach people how to recreate the abilities, it is to let dota players understand more about the abilities they are using
the information in this context is way too detailed, most dota players dont even care
it is too vague to recreate abilities but thats not the intention, therefore you are wrong to slam the thread
btw, i thought it explains the different scenarios for borrowed time to work quite ok, a smart person is able to create it based on that

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
If you don't understand the thread, I suggest you to experiment more with the trigger editor.

And Windwalk, you never asked for a trigger. And actually the spell is in the spell index

Lumograph090

Reaction score
If you don't understand the thread, I suggest you to experiment more with the trigger editor.

And Windwalk, you never asked for a trigger. And actually the spell is in the spell index

I never said I don't understand the thread.

However, this is exactly my point; however much of an opinion it may be.

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
Its a fail thread because anyone who wants to make a DotA ability for them selves and has to look it up in the first place will have no idea how to recreate the ability based on how little information is given in that thread.

That is why the thread is garbage. :thdown:
Trigger:
  • Nothing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Set Lumograph = FAIL!!!

aw cmon man it owns
It's kinda useful.. but the unprotected map is better. (Heh heh)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The unprotected map is also frowned upon (unless you're talking about DotA Template or "Open DotA") .
Oh and by the way, you forgot to indent the set variable.
So you sir, are the one who fails ;) !

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
I don't have an unprotected map...
I found one on Open DotA...
Howdo you set an indent variable?
Wolfie!! You're so mean! I worship you and this is what I get in return?!?!?!
T.T

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
The lack of respect in this thread is appalling...

Regardless, here's what I'd do in the main damage detection trigger.

Code:
BorrowedTime
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Add HP-Bonus to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Damage taken) x 2))
        Unit - Remove HP-Bonus from (Triggering unit)
The HP bonus prevents fatal damage from killing him.

And have another trigger upon learning that turns off the trigger as well as doing Trigger - add event to BorrowedTime <gen> the event Triggering Unit takes damage and Trigger - add event to DamageChecker <gen> the event Triggering Unit takes damage.

For DamageChecker, if his current life is less than or equal to 400, order the hero to cast the base skill of InitBorrowedTime.

InitBorrowedTime: upon casting, turn on BorrowedTime <gen>, then turn it off in X seconds. Turn off DamageChecker and turn it back on in x seconds (whatever the cooldown is).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.