Ability Help!

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Im making the ability "Black Arrow" which works like "Searing Arrow" except that it returns life back to you. For example: Level 1 - Adds 10 bonus damage and heals you for 10 hp every shot that you make. Hope you understand. because i dont know how to make this ability. I hope you do.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well mybe i have suggestion...try to add ability vampiric potion which is item and-add 10 bonus dmg and only problem is vampiric potions give u lifesteal in % :)

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Uhhm i didnt really get that? Adding Vampiric potion ability and the quickly remove it? Hmm i dont think that will work :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
trigger it.
make the ability of searing arrows, and in the trigger, add life steal to it, except make it not by percent, but by arithmatic to 10 and the next ranks. SOrry that i cant show it, im not even sure it tat works. :D

F

FKNCrazy

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Searing Arrows
Actions
    Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 10.00)
For the set life, use Unit - Set life (to Value) and as a arithmetic set it to Life of trig unit and the other value to 10.

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
That might work but i want the hero to gain life when the arrow hits the target, not when its fired off. I bet that far more complicated :p

Anachron

Reaction score
Ever used "Trigger - Add Event to trigger<gen>" ?

u should use it
use:
Unit - unit X takes damage

Then you check with conditions if unit has buff or not. If yes, add 10% of the damage to the damage source. ( Unit )

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Well, the best you could do is to use Wait for condition. This will make the ability non-MUI/MPI. You can also use periodic trigger to make it MPI, but I think it is not feasible.

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit is attacked
Conditions
    Level of YourAbility more than 0
Actions
    Set YourUnit = (Attacking unit)
    Wait until triggering unit has YourAbility buff equal to true
    Unit - Set life of YourUnit to ((Life of YourUnit) + 10.00)

Edit: You could also use the abovementioned method. But in my opinion, it's also not feasible as you need to add every single unit that enters the map into the damage taken trigger. But it's better than periodic trigger I think :).

Anachron

Reaction score
vypur85
YOUR creating so many leaks with one GUI trigger!
Wait actions should NOT wait for an condition... <.<.<.<.<.<.<

Malkier

Reaction score
Sorry this isn't particularly useful but if you get it working, the action:

Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Searing Arrows for (Triggering unit))))))

Would be better so that the amount healed scales with the level of the ability. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that since I have no idea.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
>YOUR creating so many leaks with one GUI trigger!
There is? o_O

>Wait actions should NOT wait for an condition...
I don't really understand?

Anyway, maybe using your method could be the best to make it MUI.

Anachron

Reaction score
TheDamien you're wrong.
Many waits will cause mass-leaks on map. Yes single leak not but this seems to be a mass lagg because it can trigger as much as it can. (After 100 attacks of non buff having this will wait 100X times each second)

And I agree with last, you're good!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
except things can happen like the target blinks, the arrow misses, it gets blocked, evaded, target dies before the arrow lands, etc. so id suggest unit takes damage.. it dosent make as much lag as you would imagine, and you only need to add the units that were attacked by the user of this ability instead of all of them

Reaction score
TheDamien you're wrong.
Many waits will cause mass-leaks on map. Yes single leak not but this seems to be a mass lagg because it can trigger as much as it can. (After 100 attacks of non buff having this will wait 100X times each second)

And I agree with last, you're good!

Waits are sloppy, but they don't leak.

F

FKNCrazy

That might work but i want the hero to gain life when the arrow hits the target, not when its fired off. I bet that far more complicated :p

Unless the units missile speed is REALLY slow, i gaurentee you wont even notice the gap. just make a special effect the healing one when it casts it and noone will notice. Plus the arrow will 99% of the time hit the target, i don't see what your worried about. And arrow spells can't be casted on friendly units either just incase that was a problem.

Off topic - 13lade619, Rep is earned, but first it must be given, hardly true, the person giving the rep must believe that the rep has been earned before they give it. You don't earn rep after you get it.

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Plus the arrow will 99% of the time hit the target, i don't see what your worried about.
Hmm i do really got alot of heroes and items which gives a chanse that the missile hit. Also i fell stupid but i still doesnt know how i should make if i do the event: a unit takes damage?

Also i got another question for my map, another ability named Conjure Illusion. Its simple, when you click the ability you get an illusion of yourself. So ive based a spell of channel, and when the spell is cast, the trigger creates a dummy unit which casts the ability "Item WAnd of Illusion". Still it doesnt work. Any idea why?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.