About Meteor

merlinds

Reaction score
I love to name my threads "About Something" it makes me feels so serious :p

Now with the question,

How do i make a friendly meteor?? i mind, a meteor skill that does not damage allys and self, only enemies.
For those who plays dota, the pit lord will be the example.

Thanks in advance

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Change the Targets Allowed field? It's hard to tell what you mean by "Meteor Skill" - do you mean abilities wherein effects are created and units in the area are damaged? Or just abilities where things fall from the sky?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is any use to you. It's my Inferno ability. That I'm going to rename to Meteor. It summons one Meteor to the target area stunning enemies in the target area and damaging them.

Trigger:
  • Inferno
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Inferno
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit_Hero, 103)
      • -------- TAKE 1 --------
      • Set TempPoint[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint[2] using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • -------- TAKE 2 --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint[2] using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffect_FXInferno = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect_FXInferno
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint[2] using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- TAKE 3 --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint[2] using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffect_FXInferno = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect_FXInferno
      • Set TempUnitGroup[2] = (Units within Real_InfernoAOE of TempPoint[2] matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup[2] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Unit_Hero to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of Unit_Hero (Include bonuses)))) x 8.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within Real_InfernoAOE of TempPoint[2] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked destructible) is invulnerable) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - ((Real((Intelligence of Unit_Hero (Include bonuses)))) x 8.00))
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup ( udg_TempUnitGroup[2] )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint[2] )

If you'd like me too, I can throw it into a test map for you.

merlinds

Reaction score
I will try it later but it seems to have a lot of work on the SFXs so i imagine it sure looks awsome.
But, i still want my friendly meteor, im refering to the skill where burning stones fall from the sky damaging all units in the area on the impact and burning them for X amount of damage during X amount of time.
The skill has the same mechanics than the blizzard skill from human hero Jaina (from the campaing)
I have tryied changing the allowed targets, but that option only defines where you can cast the spell, not the targets that the skill damages.

BloodySkullz

Reaction score
I think he means the skill "Rain of Fire". The default Rain of Fire deals damage to enemies and allies. Like KaerfNomekop says, change the 'Targets Allowed' and add e "enemy" option and u will get it.

merlinds

Reaction score
Oh sry the skill is named "Raind of Fire", silly me. I will try again, but im pretty sure that i have tryied that. Thankz!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.