Gaming Action video games sharpen eyesight: U.S. study

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Adults who play a lot of action video games may be improving their eyesight, U.S. researchers said on Sunday.

They said people who used a video-game training program saw significant improvements in their ability to notice subtle differences in shades of gray, a finding that may help people who have trouble with night driving.

"Normally, improving contrast sensitivity means getting glasses or eye surgery -- somehow changing the optics of the eye," said Daphne Bavelier of the University of Rochester in New York, whose study appears in the journal Nature Neuroscience.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
this is kind of true for me, i have crappy eye sight but at night i always see a lot better and notice things quicker when driving.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
this is kind of true for me, i have crappy eye sight but at night i always see a lot better and notice things quicker when driving.

Well it said action video games, so to have better sight while driving I think technically someone needs to be shooting at you.

Carrots have good eyesight.

Berserk

Reaction score
This is good news. I noticed this myself too as a huge gaming fan. Good to know it wasn't just imagination :cool:

CaptDeath

Reaction score
or it may be in a game like counter strike you need to be 150% aware of your environment 10x faster than your opponent so i think it may be a mental honing of proficiency

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
or it may be in a game like counter strike you need to be 150% aware of your environment 10x faster than your opponent so i think it may be a mental honing of proficiency

Or it really doesn't matter because you're never going to be the computer with the bullets that never stop.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i've heard that gaming could actually cure the Amblyopia/lazy eye, a diesese where a fully functional eye has poor transmission to the brain.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.