Actor to Ability

blastintime

Reaction score
Hi, where do I choose which actor that belongs to an ability? I want to use the hellion attack actor to the ghost - EMP ability (the launch effect).

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean - do you want to make the enemies have the burn visual when they are hit by the emp? or do you want to fire the stream of fire towards the target location?

blastintime

Reaction score
I dont really need it anymore cuz I figured that you can just change launch model for the visual effect, but Im just curious where on the ability you choose which actor its going to have. Or if the actor just comes automatically with it. I dont find any actor field anyway.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I dont really need it anymore cuz I figured that you can just change launch model for the visual effect, but Im just curious where on the ability you choose which actor its going to have. Or if the actor just comes automatically with it. I dont find any actor field anyway.
It works the other way around. The actors are attached using the "Events" field on the actor, for instance unit actors are created upon the unit being created. And ability actors are created when an effect fires.

Go check out some actors and see how they are set up ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.