Actors and models etc

blastintime

Reaction score
I'm abit confused about all these things in the data tab. Can someone explain how to do if say I want to add the siege tank fire effect (the xplosion that comes at the turret), to EMP when it launches? and so that it works for all units that uses EMP.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but do you mean that you want to have a the explosion that comes when the siege tank attacks when your weapon fires?

That would require an "Attack" actor, (the most ranged units already got this) which would be listed under your unit's actor (Make sure to set the Impact Effect Token to the damage effect of your weapon, and the Launch Effect Token to the missile effect).
Now you go to the Combat: Impact Map + and change the first index (The model, scale and sound), this will be played at the impact location.
Now go do the same at the Combat: Launch Assets + (this will play at the launch location though)

You will have to do this for each individual weapon though.

blastintime

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but do you mean that you want to have a the explosion that comes when the siege tank attacks when your weapon fires?

Not exactly, I want the explosion from siege tanks attacks when I'm casting EMP, even wben units without a weapon or attack ability use it.

I tried to change the EMP's launch effect to what I thought was the explosions actor/model (I always mix those up :)), but didn't work. I probably chose the wrong one

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
It's exactly the same as I've explained above :)
I asume it's the "Ghost - EMP" you are talking about.
When you select the ability you will see an actor named: "Ghost EMP Attack" change the launch assets as I explained above :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.