add ability to item

E

Eternal255

is there a way to add an ability to an item once certian events are met?

example from my map:

player types <text>, and they have an item (lets call it fire oil), and a weapon (lets call it sword) in a <heros> inventory. then is there a way to add, say fire damage or +damage or +str (etc) to the weapon, so i dont have to make weapons for each special?

ty

also- not really related to the topic, but, how can i make a hero spell that ressreucts heros (allied heros, doesnt matter bout urself cause u only have 1 hero) ex: hero dies, and an allied hero within like 1000 from hin casts <spell> and the hero that died gets revived. ive tried a lot but none have worked :'(

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
i dont think so, but u could always copy the item and add the ability to it, then make the hero drop the old item and get the new one.

E

Eternal255

oh ok...
was hoping i didnt have to do that. thanks anyways.

what about the reseruction thing? anyone know somethin bout that?

Rad

Reaction score
First you need some type of system for when you die, I suggest hiding your hero, creating a copy of your hero exactly for neutral passive with 1 life, playing its death animation and freezing it (and make it invulnerable). Then use a spell that targets invulnerable heroes. Use the trigger to determine if the target is dead (eg some heroes may have invulnerable spells etc which would interfere). If its not a dead one then store the level, remove/re-add the ability and reset the level and add the mana back (Like you never really casted) and display an error. Else just ressurect the hero.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
I have some test map somewhere here that goes like this:

A Hero dies, create a Tomb Stone at that location. With some floating text showing the name...
The Hero dissipates as usual.

When this happens, you get a Ghost in your home base with some Resurrect ability that works on said stones.

Your Hero is also revivable through the usual means (Altar...).
However, Altar, or other, I think I used a Resurrection Stone, aren't free,
while casting the ability on the tomb is.

Either way, whenever the Hero revives, the stone is gone. As is the Ghost.

If there's any interest, I guess I could do some grave digging through my "test" archives.
(Unfortunately, most of those are called (1)Test001, and are crammed full with totally unrelated trigger sets... hence the "if there is any interest")

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.