add locust through triggers?

LightChaosma

Reaction score
a whole lot of questions in the last 2 hours:p, anyway, is it possible to add locust to a unit through triggers?

earlier i searched for locust in the object editor, but couldnt find it... neither does it appear in the list of the trigger editor...

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
You mean the crpyt lor'ds ultimate with all the bug's flying around?
well try searching that guy, then look at his abilities
you could be searching for the wrong title

black.sheep

Reaction score
I think you have to add it via custom script, im not sure what the custom script is, probaly somthing like.
call AddAblityuLoc(udg_GetTriggerUnit) Or somthing like that.
Damn beaten to it, and wrong.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
ok, i have no jass knowledge, but this should be okay:D

lemme see, correct this please, i want the event repsonse - summoned unit to get this ability:

JASS:
call UnitAddAbility(getSummonedUnit,'Aloc')

no need for the custom script speech and stuff, i DO know that:D

EDIT:

wohoo, my first edited JASS line that works :p

LightChaosma

Reaction score
ok, next question:

i want to add it, and remove it, adding no problem, removing, no clue.

2nd problem: i chaned the reciever a bit...

the recievier would become:

circlecastertype[tempint[1]]

where circlecastertype is a unit array

some JASSer help plz:)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
i want to add it, and remove it, adding no problem, removing, no clue.
Only way to (partially) remove Locust and it's effects
JASS:
call ShowUnit (whichUnit, false)
call UnitRemoveAbility ('Aloc', whichUnit)
call ShowUnit (whichUnit, true)

i.e.
Code:
Hide <unit>
Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility (...)
Unhide <unit>

It only works partially though, I don't think you can select the unit by clicking them (not sure about drag-selection)

circlecastertype[tempint[1]]
JASS:
call UnitAddAbility (&#039;Aloc&#039;, udg_circlecastertype[udg_tempint[1]])

LightChaosma

Reaction score
k, the logic for remove would be this right?

JASS:
call UnitRemoveAbility (&#039;Aloc&#039;, udg_circlecastertype[udg_tempint[1]])

hmmi got as far as noticing removal didnt work... lest see, another way to make a unit temporary unselectable... is there any?

if possible i dont wanna use a separate trigger to do this, the spell i'm working on already has 10 triggers to keep it functional...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is an other possibility as hide/unhide. i am using dummy units with locust and chaos to turn the dummy in the actual unit. same effect but i like it more.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
this is not about a dummy, this is about the main hero... if it is controlable during a few seconds the user can abort the spell, and gain an inmense movement speed boost... unselectable would do the trick here.

woot

Reaction score
this is not about a dummy, this is about the main hero... if it is controlable during a few seconds the user can abort the spell, and gain an inmense movement speed boost... unselectable would do the trick here.

don't use locust, it wont work.. removing it causes issues.. once its added you can't really remove it

instead create a dummy unit (that has locust) that looks like your hero.. hide your hero from the player.. do the thing you want to do with the dummy unit.. and when the effect is over move the hero to where the dummy unit is, remove the dummy unit, and unhide your hero (and select your hero)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it doesnt matter for which unit. you dont even need any trigger, make a dummy unit with locust and the chaos ability. you can even preplace it and it will become the hero, i got a nice test map about it:

Check it out.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
there comes a part in my spell where the hero gains a speed of 522, and this speed is reduced to normal agian when he reaches his target, i want it to be uncontrolable in any way in this period...

if the unit is ordered to stop during that period, he wont get his speed back to normal, wich is why it will be spell imune in that period for stun and stuff.

dont ask me to post triggers, you'll be busy for an hour trying to figure out what happens, trust me

i already saw that map in one of my other threads ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ahm. you cannot make the "unselectable" effect of locust timed. if you add and remove locust the effect will stay forever.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
well, i just need a way to prevent the player from using that unit for like 3 seconds or less, depeniding on distance between caster and target... my last hope is giving the unit to neutral passive for a brief moment...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how about pausing the player? could look a little bit bad but it will work.

if you change the owner remember this will make the unit lose all its current orders.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.