Adding "Elemental weaknesses" to Non-triggered spells

Nimblest

Reaction score
Hi,
I was bored so I decided to make a wc3 map. I was lazy and made some basic spells by just changing the values, etc. on default wc3 spells. I'm aware that you can just change the weapon/armor types of the monsters in order to implement elemental weaknesses. However, I'm not sure how to go about putting in weaknesses for these non-triggered spells.

I'm going to use pokemon as an example (hopefully you guys know a bit about them). OK, so fire is weak against water. Let's say I have a water pokemon with a water type spell and im casting it onto a fire pokemon. How would I trigger in dealing bonus damage to the fire pokemon? I'm using GUI btw.

Thanks,
Nimblest

Nimblest

Reaction score
O and I forgot to mention that the spells im using are point-targeting spells(I think that's what you call it) rather than unit-targeting spells. What I mean is you click the ground to fire a non-homing missile at the place you clicked rather than a simple click on enemy homing missile, such as firebolt. I'm using spells such as shockwave and frost breath as the base for my spells.

@warden13
I see how that action could be used for triggered spell but is there any way to do it without using triggered spells? I'm trying to make a simple "warlock"-type game w/o making triggered spells.

warden13

Reaction score
If that's so, create invisible abilities does nothing to the heroes. For example +0 damage bonus ability named fire. Create one of them for each element. Add all units to a damage takes trigger.
Trigger1:
A Unit Enters Playable Map Area
Entering Unit is a Hero
Add New event to Trigger2 - Triggering Unit takes damage.

Trigger2:
-no event-
-no condition-
If damage source has ability Water equal to true
If triggering unit has ability Fire equal to true
Deal damage to triggering unit <Damage Taken>

If you dont get it I can show it on a map

Nimblest

Reaction score
OK thanks for the help!
I looked for a bit and now i understand your trigger. Exactly what I need. Tyvm!

Nimblest

Reaction score
Trigger2:
-no event-
-no condition-

Eh,,, I just realized I can't find those conditions. I looked under Boolean Comparisons and couldn't find it >.<

Sorryyy

HellCraft

Reaction score
Instead of If Unit has ability, use this:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Level of Fire for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0) and ((Level of Water for (Damage source)) Greater than 0)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions

The level of ability of a unit is an integer comparison, in the units category.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I also thought of something that may work using elemental systems without any triggering, but I don't have any clues. If I used the weapon types and armor types, it's kinda limited, what if I have 20 types of elements? thats why I created my own elemental system.

The weapon types and armor types are enough for an element system, if you want some examples, try Element TD, it is a tower defense with an element system using only Weapon types and Armor types. Good Luck!

Nimblest

Reaction score
Ah I see. I hate how these conditions and stuff are always under the categories I don't expect them to be in. Takes foreever to find them. Thanks guys :)

Nimblest

Reaction score
Trigger1:
A Unit Enters Playable Map Area
Entering Unit is a Hero
Add New event to Trigger2 - Triggering Unit takes damage.

Trigger2:
-no event-
-no condition-
Deal damage to triggering unit <Damage Taken>

Add New event to Trigger2 - Triggering Unit takes damage - apparently isn't doing anything for me.

I tried adding this action to map activation as well as some other events and it still didn't work. But when I manually added units on the map and used the event:

Unit - specific unit event - firemonster0005 <gen> Takes damage for Trigger 2

then the Trigger 2 works and deals the extra damage.

warden13

Reaction score
If you don't understand feel free to ask ;)

Attachments

• Element System - warden13.w3x
    11.7 KB · Views: 108
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.