AddUnitToStock - Battle.net friendly?

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
You are doing this in order to display something, correct? For instance, points, or resources or something. I think it will be fine as long as you don't allow the unit to actually sell anything. So, remove the 'select unit/hero' ability.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
The planning is to use the above function to allow stores with more than 12 items / heroes to be multi-player useable. I don't think if the store would sell the units or not would make any difference.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
I think it really would. You aren't creating a handle, but if the local player buys a local unit, then you are. But whatever. So you are trying to cycle through units to display the whole inventory? In that case... I'm not sure what to do to avoid desyncs.

Perhaps if you could use gamecache and some sort of 'sync' method to store the unit's id, the player it's for, its x, and y, and then sync it to the game, and create the unit for all players... But then how would you insure that the time you bought the local unit wouldn't desync? I was thinking remove it locally, but that's just not quite going to work. I'm fairly certain creating and removing a local unit desyncs, even if they aren't given any orders or anything.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Perhaps if you could use gamecache and some sort of 'sync' method ...

I don't think it would work.
I would have tested it myself, the problem is I can't host battle.net games.
Logicly it shouldn't desync, how can it possibly affect the others players what YOU can buy from a store? I want to be sure though...

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
The thing is, if you change what you can buy from a store locally, then everyone else says 'That store hasn't changed. Everyone can buy only a footman'. But, you say 'Neat! I can buy a footman AND a priest!' Then, you buy the priest. Your computer says 'this is alright, he has it in stock, so let's create the unit'. Everyone else's computer says 'what is he clicking on? Oh well, I guess we do nothing...' Now, you have created a priest for only yourself, and the game desyncs.

I understand where you're coming from, where it's changing what YOU can buy from the store, but the desync comes from the fact that it doesn't register with the other computers what you can buy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.