Adrenalin

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Written for school. Translated from danish, so it might contain some grammar errors. It's about freeskiing.

Based on a recent crash I had.

Adrenalin

The feeling of lying in the air, and having the feeling that everything is slowmotion… it’s just great. It’s like; it just gives you that kick… the adrenalin kick.

The feeling of fighting gravity and knowing that you’ll win… it’s just great. The kick. There it is again.

It’s like it increases your performance. It’s like it motivating, and make you do everything better, and make you feel better than everyone else. But on the other hand, it also makes you feel like you can do everything. Which, in some cases, can be bad.

Because sometimes gravity wins; one is surprised, that you got out from that kicker wrong, or that haven’t concentrated just quite enough. You know it from the start; you know it’s wrong; you know that it’ll end badly.

That’s just the way it is. We think we can do everything, and we are surprised of the thing that we have known has been there all the time; gravity. It’s dangerous, yet people keep challenging it. People actually die, and yet we do it. What’s the reason?

Adrenalin. We only do it because of it. Everything that challenges fate and death, we do for that simple feeling of owning the world. And most people, also those who have been hurt badly, mostly says that everything was worth it.
An inadvertent mistake. That’s all it was; it was what made that wonderful feeling of owning the world go away, An inadvertent mistake replaced that feeling with pain. Extreme pain.

Now I’m lying in a bed, while I’m dreaming of the feeling. Soon I’ll be out there again. Out there, where nothing matters; out there, where everything matters; out there, where you fight against gravity.

Life’s just a fight. A fight against destiny, a fight against death, a fight against gravity. A fight, where the only thing you can win is that feeling that is made in your very own body.

I will keep skiing; it’s like a natural fix. Adrenalin. Nature’s form of drugs.

End

For those of you wondering what happened:
I was skiing last friday, I was on a rail and got out of balance. I crashed into the rock hard ice, hit myself in the stomach with my knee, and crashed my head back into the rail. If I hadn't had my helmet on I would've probably have my skull broken.

Now, comments.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.