Advanced wars... so disgusting...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I was just came back from holiday in the mountains.
There I played some of my old GBA games - including advanced wars 2.
I started the campaign and played a little, but soon I stopped, it was too perverse...
One of the main characters, I think Andy is his name, looked like a child (it's hard to gues because manga-style, but at max. he's 20) and is a commander.
This unrealism isn't so important, but this boy actually had fun about war. Childish, carefree fun.
After 2-3 missions where they have intern social problems that aren't related to war at all I had to shut my GBA.
This was too much.
How can an adult person think of such a perverse thing? Censoring - okay. But this?
I'm usually not a moraliser but this really made me little angry...

/discuss

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So... they decided to made a young looking commander enjoy his job?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Dude you're the one pays for and then plays simulations of wars for fun. It's probably all you do.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
So... they decided to made a young looking commander enjoy his job?
um, yes, and there are more such stupid things like this (but this was hardest)

umm i enjoyed it. I actually talk about the gameplay not the background story.
gameplay is fine
Dude you're the one pays for and then plays simulations of wars for fun. It's probably all you do.
Well, but isn't it little reckless if you make the war look so much like a game (in the game)? If you can, shouldn't you avoid such dialogs in a game for children?

Over all it's no big deal, I know, but still it is stupid if they do something like this in such a game...

Reaction score
I say we petition and boycott Nintendo. What sort of heartless corporate machine would release such a game on the unsuspecting public?

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Advance Wars is a great game, one of the best on Gameboy.

I think the idea of you turning it off because of the "kid enjoying war" is pretty stupid. It's a videogame, a one with crappy graphics, not a drop of blood or any 3D graphics and your complaining about it.

You remind me of the Mums and Dads who think having their son/daughter playing a video game is going to turn them into a serial killer even though violence rates among teens have dropped significantly within the last 20 years or so.

I can't explain it properly but it's such a stupid thing to dislike a game over. A great game at that. "Grow down" - just enjoy it, and stop trying to create one of those political bullshit stories that I mentioned above. If you're going to complain about a games morality issues at least let it be a GTA game.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Nintendo produce games for a younger crowd. They weren't going to release something dark, scary, and realistic out into the world. The child would think of war as being an adventure (mostly boys) and would believe that until they see real depictions of war. That'll make them realize how horrible war is.

There's nothing wrong with making war fun for little kids. Do you remember buying plastic green and tan men? Do you also remember making one team the good side and the other the bad side (you didn't like the tan color, so you made green the good side)? Well, when you were young the company that sold the soldiers were teaching you how to fight racial wars. How did you turn out after that?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I say we petition and boycott Nintendo. What sort of heartless corporate machine would release such a game on the unsuspecting public?

Someone said it before I did :rolleyes:

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I don't say they should stop doing this.
Nintendo produce games for a younger crowd. They weren't going to release something dark, scary, and realistic out into the world. The child would think of war as being an adventure (mostly boys) and would believe that until they see real depictions of war. That'll make them realize how horrible war is.
I'm fine with not showing something dark and scary, but saying "yeah, war!" is another category imo.

There's nothing wrong with making war fun for little kids. Do you remember buying plastic green and tan men? Do you also remember making one team the good side and the other the bad side (you didn't like the tan color, so you made green the good side)? Well, when you were young the company that sold the soldiers were teaching you how to fight racial wars. How did you turn out after that?
There the good guys at least say "oh no!" if the enemy tries to conquer their country and not "yeah!"

muchalive

Reaction score

lol thats so true and well... after that i came out just fine indeed :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.