Aeon of Dominion

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
> any terrainers looking for a job?

Seems like this would be in every other post.
Do you have any trouble with that?

Then again, I don't recall much of a description for it...

confusion once again

well I got the basic terrain, I just need someone to go through and make it pretty

like Rinpun did for my kodo tag map, and very wlel i might add

emjlr3

Reaction score
got upgrade system almsot done, had some probs with it but should be good now

so the basic game function are done, for the most part

all that is left is heroes and items ^^

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I'd be pleased to terrain another one of your projects if you wish. WotU's terrain is mostly all done so I constantly have to find other things to do while I figure out what I want to add next to it :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
so some great, "lively" new terrain from Rinpun, a finished first hero, and some more hero ideas from Rinpun down the road

almost all aspects of heroes are done, so that is good, but I seem to have introduced some sort of random crash bug, lets hope I can get that ironed out

anywho, stuff is going good regardless, :)

lets get some talk in this thread guys

screens added

emjlr3

Reaction score
finally got the random crashes fixed

once i get an agility hero done, expect a beta release

emjlr3

Reaction score
been working on this here and there when I can

*got my first three beta heroes done that I wanted, 1 init, 1 agil, and 1 str
*multiboard and game clock are done
*a few bugs I found here and there are been corrected
* upgrade hero ability and stats system have been perfected and finished
*a few more allied creep upgrades have been added
*new unique creep wave types added for each team, each with their own custom abilities, which spawn throughout the game
*completed the base item shop, and added the uber item shop, which has a neat twist to it, not only in getting the items, but finding it in the first place
*optimized a few things

so once I get a few item done in the uber shop, I am going to release an early beta version, to see what everyone thinks

looking forward to reading comments ^^

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
As I have been reading this, you were expecting those comments once the "early beta" is out...

You seem to forget who's posting here.
If Mr Noob tells us he finally got his Hero working, it's probably major work, and great and everything (Uhm... yeah).
If Hulk3 tells us he finalized a Hero... well, given he eats Heroes for breakfast...
makes you wonder why it was taking so long :p

And, with the number of times you posted "new", "different" and "unique"...
guess we'll have to see it first.

Yours,
AceHart

emjlr3

Reaction score
yes...yes...Ace has spoken

emjlr3

Reaction score
Beta version uploaded for testing, play, have fun, and please comment :)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Hey that new different and unique concept is really fun. ^_^
And the heroes are even better than those in your arena.

Anywayzo0r:
-The position of the neutral buildings is imba.
-The main attribute of the agility hero is strength. o.0
-The upgrades are too cheap IMO.
-5 damage per upgrade is too much.
-Put the creeps in camp mode. (Is that possible for spawned units?)
-I think that Peon-Shop guy is vulnerable when he walks around. Of course I tried to kill him when I noticed it xD, but he turned into a shop before I reached him =(
-Frozen Nova is...nice. It's like the ultimate (Starfall), only that it deals more damage, costs less mana and has a shorter "cooldown". =P
-You get the ultimate after a certain amount of damage, right? Isn't that unfair on ranged heroes?
-Remove those cliffs in the nothern part of the map. =P
-Some more tree variation would be nice.
-Too much shrub, especially on the dirt road between the two bases.
-Those flowers are large. And some of them grow on stones. o.0
-Maybe less gold at the beginning and therefor a gold-income-rate.
-How exactly is the spell leveling work? I thought the spells that I use get better, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
-I couldn't really read the name of the hero in the tavern because of that evil dark blue text.
-It's a bit confussing that the glyphs of both teams have the same colour.
-I guess it's intentionally that the research center is vulnerable, that's evil. xD
-It would be cool if you could hire some kind of repair-crew at the keep which repairs it.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Good feedback 2-P :p

Anyway, as I'm responsible as one of emjlr3's helpers on this project, particularly in a handful of ideas (I came up with the Guardian Templar and helped him touch up the other heroes...he really is very skilled at scripting my ideas) and the terrainer.

1) The thing I'm probably not going to change is the flowers. They look cool large and growing on rocks and stuff.

2) Variation in the trees. This is because I imported some models from Nasrudin in an attempt to make the look more unique. Unfortunately, they didn't have any variations I would have loved to use. Do you have any unique custom trees you'd suggest to use or would I be better off keeping it as it is now?

3) Yea, I've been planning on removing a good portion of those shrubs. I think they look cool, but they're definitely too big for the dirth path that is commonly walked upon that they grow from.

4) Cliffs in the top of the map may have been emjlr3's old touch I forgot to remove. I guess I can contact him for the most recent map and fix that if he doesn't.

emjlr3

Reaction score
yes yes, I love the heroes too ^^

-The position of the neutral buildings is imba.
where you suggest I put it, some ppl last game said that too, I want it close but easily accesable to both teams

-The main attribute of the agility hero is strength. o.0
yea....oopppss, already fixed though btw

-The upgrades are too cheap IMO.
-5 damage per upgrade is too much.
iv'e only played 2 games, and I didnt see them as being too cheap, ill keep it in mind though(btw by ups did u mean evas/crit or gen up?

-Put the creeps in camp mode. (Is that possible for spawned units?)
er what?? what seems to be the problem?

-I think that Peon-Shop guy is vulnerable when he walks around. Of course I tried to kill him when I noticed it xD, but he turned into a shop before I reached him =(
I'll check it out hehe

-Frozen Nova is...nice. It's like the ultimate (Starfall), only that it deals more damage, costs less mana and has a shorter "cooldown". =P
ulti=non channeling, and mega damage up close, nova = long channeling time, and much less damage IMO, I'll see though in a few more games

-You get the ultimate after a certain amount of damage, right? Isn't that unfair on ranged heroes?
yes, but I have been trying to balance them accordingly, since tank swill inevitablty take more damage, i really liked the idea though, any other suggestions relating to it?

-terrain
let Rinpun handle all that

-I couldn't really read the name of the hero in the tavern because of that evil dark blue text.
:(, what color would u rather see?

-It's a bit confussing that the glyphs of both teams have the same colour.
yea...i could have the comps colors for each one, so you know, or a floating text above it that says what heroes name it is, so you know if you can get it or not

-I guess it's intentionally that the research center is vulnerable, that's evil. xD
hehe, take that out, no more ups for the other team

-It would be cool if you could hire some kind of repair-crew at the keep which repairs it.
all buildings have life regen, though that is an idea

thnx for playing, and keep coming with the feedback!

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"The thing I'm probably not going to change is the flowers. They look cool large and growing on rocks and stuff."
Never said that it doesn't look good. You could spread some smaller flowers around the "flower beds", might look even cooler. =P

>"Variation in the trees..."
Maybe try to change their colour, but the model is pretty dark so there's not much you can do =/.
More size difference should help.

>"where you suggest I put it, some ppl last game said that too, I want it close but easily accesable to both teams"
Move them up into the middle? And make seperate entrances to the creeping area for each team?

>"btw by ups did u mean evas/crit or gen up?"
Eh... confusing many abbrevations...
What I can say is that I meant 5 damage for the unit and not the tower upgrade is too much. The general upgrade seems to be a lot better than the other.

>"er what?? what seems to be the problem?"
It's annoying when you don't want to fight against them. They also try to attack you if you stand too far left in your base.

>"yes, but I have been trying to balance them accordingly, since tank swill inevitablty take more damage, i really liked the idea though, any other suggestions relating to it?"
Maybe the amount of "lost" mana? (When the hero casts spells or gets mana burned ^^).

>"what color would u rather see?"
Some bright, flashy pink! xD Lol, actually I don't really care as long as I can read it. =P

emjlr3

Reaction score
Beta 1b

*Fixed hero kill gold bug
*Raised mana cost of GE and Surv, nerfed stat boost of Hope
*Fixed start game lag
*Moved base item stores to in base, moved fountains closer together
*Changed Berserkfer from str - agil (bug)
*Made Perrin invuln (bug)
*Buffed Relinquish Aura dam. gain

Pahl

Reaction score
Tried out the map and:

Based on wheel of time? :p

I found one small "bug". One time two of my teams creeps suddenly felt the urge to retreat back to base. And the run up the map again when they reached base camp there. So nothing huge, but still.

Also I get agility and bonuses (as the berserker) for killing my own creeps.

Where is perrin? I know he moves around, but i still could't find him... even using sight-wards(forgot the name) :( Is he a unit who runs around or is it a regular shop?

Everything looks great so far, nice map.

emjlr3

Reaction score
loosly...yes

he camps and makes a shop every so often, gotta go find him ^^

thnx for palying , spred the word

emjlr3

Reaction score
ok so, I am still working on this, slowly but surely, some new items and heroes, and such, will come out as soon as I can come up with ideas for this last hero

hopefully then maybe someone will like this, and it should be a full release, no more beta ^^

until then, await my return :)

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
^^ neat (rawrs Hulk)

hmmm, I like this, and get it to play multiple times if I get to it...I played it 1 time for now :p

Still, some new items would be good enough, like some rings that provide bonuses :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.