Aeon of Dominion

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
the new version will be somewhat radically different from the last, but still the same game, double the heroes I think will help its appeal, and items, well, what is there is pretty good, Id hate to have to make a whole new item shop

I am toying with the idea of making pages to the shop, that you can flip through, its an idea still in progress

emjlr3

Reaction score
new version, play and enjoy!!!!! :rolleyes:

for open source, pm me, ive got enough stuff uplaoded to add another map ^^

R

RomanKing

how did u get a pic of the whole maps terrain? or is it just small so you can do it?

emjlr3

Reaction score
im good like that

new version....all you noobs, play it!!!!

finally used widgetizer, i was worried about the size increase, but at 290kb i can upload to anyone with cable in under 5 secs, so whats an extra 100kb (may add at most another 2-3 s), when it shaves the load time from 21+s - 13s on my computer

some common griefs I always hear online hopefully tended to, check the changelog, enjoy!! and plz respond!!!!!!

and as always, if you want to learn, just ask

emjlr3

Reaction score
NEW VERSION!!!

me and luth played and had a good time

some neat new things, check the changelog

post suggestions and thoughts here please, and please try it out

check the first post for download links for the map and the changelog!!!

enjoy!!!

emjlr3

Reaction score
bumpidy bump bump

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I only played it for a tiny bit, it seemed good, but there wasn't very many heroes.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Didn't play yet...but I will...I DL'ed it though

anyway I can tell you before even playing it that it will have awesome spells

I'm always here for BETA testing...if you need any you can contact me on MSN

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
The Gnoll Warden is so... @.@... I stared for several minutes at the abilities and I have still no idea what they do, lol. And 2 passive abilities?

The tooltip of the Arcane Vampire's ultimate can be confusing, it's something like "deals 1 damage per missing mana point". At first I thought that missing mana refers to my hero.
His abilities are plain cool, so many different combinations possible. xD

Knight Templar is still teh pure awesomeness.
Only thing that's missing is a taunt ability. You could add a taunt effect to Survival, would fit perfectly to the ability. ^^ Right now I'm only using Golden Entity, seems to be more effective.
When the Knight Templar is killed by his Survival effect , his aura effect doesn't disappear (screenshot attached).
And you can "kill yourself" with Survival, which gives you +1 to all stats, lol.

Which brings us to the next point, I don't like that stats bonus when you kill another hero. That advantages already superior heroes.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Bad emjlr3... crashed my editor... :(

The Gnoll is, indeed, ... hm ..., confusing?
What the heck is "Electrify" doing?
Not to mention the others... this one can actually be used.

But, well, I guess that's your usual "Deals PI * sqrt(1 / (100 - Distance)) * ThumbSize / MoonPhase damage" abilitying... :p

The only other Hero I actually tried was some "frost" caster.
Very nice.

Btw, "-test" gives you all the Heroes, even the one you already have.
And, it works repeatedly... :p

The tooltip coloring looks somewhat familiar. :D

emjlr3

Reaction score
I only played it for a tiny bit, it seemed good, but there wasn't very many heroes.

yea they take time, and i dont have much of it :(, but I am working on it, i hope to have a full tavern of heroes in not too long

Your fighting system totaly kicks ass. I hope it will get famous. Playied once it and I enjoied it.

i hope so too ^^, yea I like it too, play it more, host it, ppl have a god time

Didn't play yet...but I will...I DL'ed it though

anyway I can tell you before even playing it that it will have awesome spells

I'm always here for BETA testing...if you need any you can contact me on MSN

we just had a great game, as long as ppl stay its good fun, im always on aim/msn, if anyone wants to play just im me

The Gnoll Warden is so... @.@... I stared for several minutes at the abilities and I have still no idea what they do, lol. And 2 passive abilities?

The tooltip of the Arcane Vampire's ultimate can be confusing, it's something like "deals 1 damage per missing mana point". At first I thought that missing mana refers to my hero.
His abilities are plain cool, so many different combinations possible. xD

Knight Templar is still teh pure awesomeness.
Only thing that's missing is a taunt ability. You could add a taunt effect to Survival, would fit perfectly to the ability. ^^ Right now I'm only using Golden Entity, seems to be more effective.
When the Knight Templar is killed by his Survival effect , his aura effect doesn't disappear (screenshot attached).
And you can "kill yourself" with Survival, which gives you +1 to all stats, lol.

Which brings us to the next point, I don't like that stats bonus when you kill another hero. That advantages already superior heroes.

i don't think gnoll is too complicated, every is based around killing units, and storing that, play it once or twice and you'll get it, Hero loved him

ill take a look at that tooltip, but yea hes a great addition I love him(Vampire)

ok i will take a look at survival, and fix those bugs, thnx for that, and I have nerfed him a lot and hes still a beast heh, just a plain neat hero IMO

i added the stat bonus to speed up the game, same with the tower removal, games were taking very long, and i wanted it to be a 30-40 minute game tops, which I think helps this, that and stats tend to grow pretty slow late game, so this helps too, and at most what are you going to get in a good game, +10 stats, where others maybe have 4 or 5, I don't think its too much

Bad emjlr3... crashed my editor... :(

The Gnoll is, indeed, ... hm ..., confusing?
What the heck is "Electrify" doing?
Not to mention the others... this one can actually be used.

But, well, I guess that's your usual "Deals PI * sqrt(1 / (100 - Distance)) * ThumbSize / MoonPhase damage" abilitying... :p

The only other Hero I actually tried was some "frost" caster.
Very nice.

Btw, "-test" gives you all the Heroes, even the one you already have.
And, it works repeatedly... :p

sry bout your editor(though i am sure he will recover), if u want open source, let me know

another confused guy with the gnoll, hmmm..what do u suggest I do about that?

its not all that bad now is it... ?

yes i like frosty, I just went 17-1 with him when i played with hero

hmm maybe I should disable test once its used, who needs that many heroes......really....

anyhow, thnx for testing, and host it up guys, when ppl actually stay, its a damn good time

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
How many heroes are you up to emj? I remember back when I invented the Knight Templar and you only had three :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
test it out and see, but yea there are 7

im still in the market for hero ideas btw ^^, etc.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> It's not all that bad now is it... ?

Quick look at the Tavern... hey, someone made a Gnoll Hero, agility... blabla... whatever, let's use him.

Ability check:
Electrify: does something when used, but needs to charge on ... something or so.
Two passives... well, yes, whatever.

Ok, electrify adds a ball / bullet thing overhead.
Does something, I'm sure.

Well, a couple kills later, including one for me, noticed a 4th ability.
Which appears to be doing... something with the first one.
Or, maybe not.

After that I went for "-test", but didn't play much yet. Except "Frosty".

So much for my "Gnoll" experience.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I played with the Gnoll. His tool-tips only need a little more detail. Some points:

1) In his hero description in about the first sentence, you have "desposing", I believe. The correct spelling is "disposing".

2) Electrify should mention it stores a charge for later use and that each charge increases your attack speed by 10%.

3) There's some questionable English for the Static Attract thing. I'd rather say "It attracts nearby enemy heroes towards you..." for that part of the tool-tip, instead of the mention of the 100 radius thing.

4) The red in the third tool-tip is almost impossible to read. Color change?

5) I think the Thunderous Blow should be a derivative of Electrify. In other words, it only works if you have charges, but maybe has a 75% chance of working or something instead of 18%. That way it'd be a sort of half-passive spell. Maybe you could activate it and detect its activation like the footman's defend. This would make Electrify more meaningful, since at the moment charges only increase attack speed by 10% and store up electricity for "something" which eventually is the ultimate.

emjlr3

Reaction score
you are always full of good ideas, Illsee what i can do to adress those issues, if i ever come buy another good uber items or heroes ill come out with a new version, i have already changed a good bit from the last, but nothing huge to add to make a new version

**personally i dont find the red hard to read, and most hings I put in red I want to look very diffferent, thus the red, so ppl read them, since all things in red are important to spell usage

such as "channeling" or, "orb effect", things like that

emjlr3

Reaction score
alright so i got 2 new uber item ideas I like and a few good starting ideas for heroes, so hopefully I can eat through those soon enough :)

what does everyone(and by everyone I mean the ppl who have played online) think about adding in periodic runes that give ur hero temp upgrades, as well as some periodic events, I am in need of ideas here :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.