Aeon of Dominion

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
1. there is AI, have you not looked ;)
2. I will release open once I get final version out

Oh, maybe you're right. I was playing LAN with my brother and we forgot about adding CPUs :p. The version 1.06 didn't have any AI (If it did, they just stood there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and so on...)

Wait, before you release it, I'd like to replay the game in search of mess-ups and such.

EDIT:

The Sasquatch hero doesn't learn Gas Leak, it says on the tooltip that it can ;).

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I have made a 1.08b but not release it here, which fixes quite a few stupid things from 1.08 :)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Why make a final version everything can never be perfect :) anyways keep working on it...I wanna see it take dota over..soon...very soon

-Hero

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Why make a final version everything can never be perfect :) anyways keep working on it...I wanna see it take dota over..soon...very soon

-Hero

Downfall of DotA :D! DotA is crappy as heck! This is even better than most AoS's. But the AI doesn't really move, more inactive, it just:

Thanatos_820 said:
Oh, maybe you're right. I was playing LAN with my brother and we forgot about adding CPUs . The version 1.06 didn't have any AI (If it did, they just stood there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and so on...)

Am I doing something wrong? I put the CPUs to Insane, are they suppose to be Normal or Easy?

emjlr3

Reaction score
when an enemy leaves, an ability is added to their hero to trun th AI on or off for that hero

it can only be done online after people leave

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You should allow it to happen by just adding computers too. It's easy enough to detect if a player is the CPU to choose a random hero and activate the AI.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
You should allow it to happen by just adding computers too. It's easy enough to detect if a player is the CPU to choose a random hero and activate the AI.

Don't they already get a random hero when they're forced to get one, like after a minute has elapsed or 45 seconds?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yes, but they stand around because they don't have any AI.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Yeah (As seen on my recent posts complaining they stand around), why doesn't emjlr3 implement AI when they get their hero?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Yeah (As seen on my recent posts complaining they satnd around), why doesn't emjlr3 implement AI when they get their hero?

You better off just Pm-ing him this problem...anyways I understand what you mean...it is kinda annoying and funny :D

emjlr3

Reaction score
lol the AI isnt really that good, and I think that if there are multiple enemy heroes there they will prolly end up just stnading in base next to each other

but that is just my assumption

A

Andriejj

This map needs some major improvement.

One path looking like it looks is too few and it's boring.

Landscaping is bad- flat, some trees, stupid flowers.

The skills appear and disappear- did you mean it? I encountered it playing the goblin-shredder. After casting Gas spell, the last one(increasing attack and move speed) disappears.

BUGS- I have a replay, I can show you- dl it here. Somewhere near the end, I didn't revive, although the timer ended.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28669648/AoD_bug.w3g.html

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Minor Bug reports, and suggestios for improvement

~Pre-Log~
My first impression of the Map was, " Wow, look at the name, it must be a dark, and fallen in chaos, like in a Real war." But all i get is a flower field that looks like my garden, definitely doesnt fit the theme.
~Bug Reports~
Point 1: Ok, i played as the sasquatch, his skills are good, but a bit unbalanced (Ultimate is weaker than his normal jump skill)
Point 2: Next i died by neutral creeps, and dropped a blue Stone. The blue stone does not disappear and is quite annoying later in the game. After that, i killed the creep that killed me, and got 200 Gold !! I suggest you set a time limit on revenge, and only trigger in hero´s, because i had had like 10 000 Gold, and bought everything, just because of the revenge trigger.
~Suggestions/Comments~
Point 1: The atmosphere of AoD isnt really making me willing to play it. I suggest you, or someone else remakes the terrain. But i like the fact, that there is only one Lane, and besides that, you should leave some more place for the Shop, ETC...
Point 2: The custom Skills are smashing !! This made me play the game (Otherwise i would have quit because of point 1) and i really enjoyed it. It could even be better than DotA, if it goes on like this.
Point 3: All in all, this map is good. I would suggest you import the Items of your other map ( ED´s AOS ) temporary, just until you got some new ones, and work a bit more on the heros, so that you can play with more People.
~PS~
I can terrain quite well, if you wish, i could make you a one lane AOS based terrain. Run out of hero Ideas? Send me a Short mail in "The Helper.net" I will send you some straight away!
Best regards, Hatebreeder :)

A

Andriejj

The blue crystal is something similiar to honor points in Samurai Legends, but in SL, you gain them automatically, here you have to pick them up. If there were an enemy hero in your game, he would gain one special point(it's instead of wood, don't remember the name) if he walked on it.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I played the map as well, tested it out a bit, and I agree with the terraining, the flowers and stuff doesn't really fit the map name.

My first hero was Rhibbet (I randomed), and it took me a while to figure out what Oozing Warts really did, and by that time, I ad the basics of gameplay down. I had on thereisnospoon, and it took me about 5 casts just to level a spell up once, not to mention about 100 more times after that for level 4, and I never reached level 5, I dunno if that's even possible or if the game ended before that. Also, you might want to add that Hop is a No Target spell, I thought it was an Omnislash-type thing where you clicked your target, so I accidentally used it when there weren't any creeps around. Silly me.

After that, I tried the Death Knight hero (forgot the name), I like the art on his first skill, but his second skill seems a bit useless early on, 100 damage is a bit much to take just for 3 extra attack damage. I see that he'd be a fast strength gainer with his 3rd skill though, so I guess that balances it out. Also, I didn't see the regeneration from the first skill carry on from Warrior's Soul, perhaps I casted them too far apart or something.

Also, I noticed that sometimes I tried to research upgrades and it just refunded gold, I checked the tips from F9, and it didn't say anything about that.

Overall though, I like the idea of no leveling, it means you won't fall too far behind if you decide to go neutral creeping or have to heal. I think the number of times you need to cast should be lowered, it makes for a bit slower of gameplay without the upgraded spells, it seems people will gain strength much faster than spells leveling up, and the casters will greatly succumb later, as the spells can only do so much.

emjlr3

Reaction score
its something like 4 casts from lvl1-lvl2, then 8, then 12, etc., its really not that much IMO, in that sense, int heroes have a much better way of leveling spells then str do, which I can think can help balance the fact that str heroes can get str faster

death knight hero is one of my fav, and actually requires skill to use, u need a good balance of tanking, healing and attacking to be effective, i think his skills work real well together, and they do all work as they are supposed to

in F9, it says how you much keep the research tower selected until the upgrade is complete, or it will never finish...

anyhow ty for playing i doubt there will be any updates to this unless someone finds the cause of the crashes

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hey Em :)
I found that the Map is too cool to have a terrain like that, so i thought : "Hey, Lets make a template of a new one, based on the Structure of the original AoD." So i got started, and ended with a quite cool result. I haven´t copied everything from the original, like for example the Creep terrain. I just made a tile Structure, and used a few doodads to make guidelines. Take a look, and i hope you like it ^.^ and all others, that are interested :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.