AI Hero Battle Challenge!!

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Anyone has an AI hero that can (and wants to) challenge mine for a 1v1 match? :)
PM Moridin or reply to this thread if you're interested. Send Moridin the triggers if you want to join (Note: The triggers have to be in GUI). I will give +1 rep to the challenger/s, and +1 rep everyday for 5 days to the winner! Thanks!! :thup:

The rules are here so be sure to check it out.
The map is here (it's the one by hunterrravyn) so be sure to check it out as well! :cool:

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
hey i will challange you haha and defeat you too. So when will the match then be and when

JuiceBox

Reaction score
hey i will challange you haha and defeat you too. So when will the match then be and when

Good luck with that ;), my AI actually put up a challenge against me. And, uhmm pm Moridin 'cause he's setting up the matches. :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
For the replay bit...what version of WC should I have? I currently have 1.22 and I can't see the replays of the AI contest currently held by Romek originally hosted by Andrew.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I just downloaded latest patch (so I could play on battle.net) I think it's 1.24.1 something

JuiceBox

Reaction score
@ Avaleirrra: LOL haha, enjoy the matches! Oh btw, check out the maps in Andrewgosu's AI battle thread and check out the triggers of the other people's AI there so you can learn fast! LOL, when are you gonna be allowed? o.0

@ Moridin: I think it's better if you upgraded the patch so you can host it over battle.net and we can watch live! :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Oh....umm I can't use Battle.net cause I don't exactly use a bought CD key. Long story, but pretty much the same effect. Maybe someone else should host? I can patch up though......and I can use Hamachi (already set up and all that, have been using it for a while).

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
LOL, sounds fun. Can I use any hero that I made? ( You can configure to balance them )

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Lol no thanks....Well , maybe later. I have no clue how to balance a hero though....and you might have made an "imba" one :p.

Edit: Actually, I guess we could. Though winning / losing is a very......well random thing then. We can't say they were perfectly balanced, so the fight might not be fair.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
@ Avaleirrra: Oh sweet! Well, we got 4 people playing so far. Moridin, Gtam, XeNiM666, and me. So we can probably make a mini tournament. So hopefully you can play too, so we can all play. :)

@ XeNiM666: Alright, well make sure you're hero isn't custom or has any custom spell. You're hero has to be in pure GUI and it has to be from 1 of the melee heroes available in WarCraft 3. Check out the rules in the other AI Battle thread by Andrewgosu for more information.

@ Moridin: LOL damn, I really want to watch it live... oh well. Just save the replays and send them to me, I'll try and upload them to YouTube or at least provide a download link for all the replays.

Gtam

Reaction score
well mine is in GUI. So do we just upload out AI here and now or later

JuiceBox

Reaction score
@ Maapik: It has to be completely GUI to make it fair for the people who don't know Jass (like myself).

@ Gtam: Send a map (any map) with the triggers to Moridin. He'll set up the matches. And make sure you add tags to your variables (for example: GtamAI_Attack).

Gtam

Reaction score
Well al my variables has the tag SB87 since my name was SharkBait87 so is it ok if i leave it at that

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Yeah. It can be pretty much anything that distinguishes your triggers and variables from other ppl's AIs. Obviously we can't have the same name for any two triggers or variables.

Gtam

Reaction score
can we just use the AI contest by andrewgosu,s map, the current one is way to big and andrews one has fountains and all kinds of stuff

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I might join, my AI that I'm making for fun is almost complete. Its usin the paladin and, because of my strategy in using him, I think there will be a lot of draws against me. I read in one of the previous posts and it asked about including our own hero. I believe the answer to that was yes so, am I allowed to change a few abilities of the paladin? The ones that will have no effect on anything for another characters Melee ability of the same level. E.G: Holy light is replaced by death coil depending on whether i'm versing a living or undead unit and Resurection replaced by Raise dead? I'm fine with the other abilities.
Since everyone knows that I'm using the Paladin as my hero, could some other people post who the're using.

Also, if you bring another one of these out later, I have an edited version of Plunder Isle with weaker creeps and Health fountains at both ends. maybe you could use that next time and have the AI have to level itself up on the creeps to reach higher level? (I'm doing that for a fight between my Paladin and Death Knight AI. The Death Knight always wins after 20 minutes because of its speed and strength)

I have a lot of triggers for my map so please inform me if I'm in the competition. If I am, I'll upload my AI (very confusing to make, Best to just copy from one map to the next) and tell you what needs to be what.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.