Air blockers mess up ground path

Conal

Reaction score
Resolved. See this link for details.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141788

When I add air pathing blockers and have a ground unit walk to the other side of the blockers, it doesn't go straight through them like intended. I've tried using units by changing their pathing, using Azlier's "Artifical Pathing Blockers", and of course, using the doodads.

This wouldn't be a problem if there weren't buildings inside the blockers that the player needed to go to. Sometimes, if told to go to one, they'll walk straight through it and come back.

2.png

Conal

Reaction score
I double checked the movement types and they look fine. Thanks for trying though +rep

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Are you sure that the unit moved like the blue line before you put the blockers there ? :S
Maybe it's that building which has a big pathing map or collision... :eek:

Conal

Reaction score
I tested disabling the pathing blockers and it followed the blue path. I've also tried all the move types for the ground unit but none seemed to do the trick.

+rep though

Rushhour

Reaction score
I had some problems using the artificial pathing blocker system and checked some things: Pathing blockers don't only set the pathing type of the ground, they are more like an invisible wall.
For normal units changing the pathing type is enough. But when you set the collision size to something small (I guess smaller than 40-50) then they can walk on ground though you set pathing type to UNWALKABLE.

So I guess the pathing blocker's collizion size causes this problems. Play around with the unit collizion size a little, maybe you get it working?!^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.