All Players on Same Force

Technomancer

Reaction score
Ok so I have all my players on the same force, because it's supposed to be a FFA type deal, and I would like to have it so that when you push the start button, the game starts, and that's that, but on BNet, I get an error message: "All players are on the same team."

Any workarounds?

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If its an RPG or td or something whatever you could just add like player12 brown into another team and name it for example: Evil wilderness

That solves your problem

Technomancer

Reaction score
I did that but the thing is that that team serves no function and people are going to be like WTF does player 12 do?

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
They wont, trust me :)

If you have texts popping up to the players sometimes during the map you can name it: "Tips" and it will have a function ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> I did that but the thing is that that team serves no function and people are going to be like WTF does player 12 do?

Well to me "Evil Wilderness" seems a rather good explanation of Player 12's utility...

If they question it further you can always respond.

"Works as designed"
"Yea but it still doesn't exp..."
"Got a better name?"
"..."

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
if during the force editer you dont select "Fixed Custom Forces"

It should make it so when a player joins the game hes automatically labeled force 1-12...i think. does for me anyway.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Usually the "Team 12" one works the best. I've played tons of games like that and I've never once had somebody ask what it was for. It's best to name it depending on the feel and terrain of your map.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Usually the "Team 12" one works the best. I've played tons of games like that and I've never once had somebody ask what it was for. It's best to name it depending on the feel and terrain of your map.

Exactly...

Like Creeps
or Bandits or Wandering Critters

Whatever the enemies in your map might be.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well you could make 1 team per player and just trigger the alliance.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Make Team 12 name it w/e you want weather it be dont ask , or

<Game Name Here>
< Player 12 will be named < By (Your Name Here ) >

so like

Island Defense
by Dildamesh

S

Sinan_029

Make the forces as it would be in a team game first. Then you could do an Event: Map Initilization, an Action: If/Then/Else: If Player 1 Red selects FFA (as in some sort of dialog button) Then: make everyone unally each other in game automatically. Else: Do Nothing. (Make another choice like "Team" for Player 1 Red which actually does nothing but keep it as a team game). This could also be done as a voting process like on DBZ Hero Arena.

Edit: If I can't post code i'm at school with no Editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.