Alternative Triggers?

wilze

Reaction score
So I made this nifty little
Trigger:
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to spawn
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint_A = (Position of Spawner_A)
      • Set Temp_Integer = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8))))
      • Unit - Create Temp_Integer (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint_A facing Default building facing degrees

Is there a way I can make the same trigger but for adding abilities, spawning doodads and making sfx? What I mean by the same is the substrings. So I don't have to make one trigger for each ability/doodad/whatever?

I hope I'm making some sense. Thanks for any help you can provide.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
You're making a RP map.
I'm sure there are unprote-- err, "forgot to protect" DobRP maps out there if you searched hard enough.

Having made a RP map myself, no, that (similar triggers for abilities and destructibles) wont work properly.. I believe.
In a NGoRP messaround map i made to test things I discovered WC3 likes to read Destructibles (you can't spawn doodads) as decimal rather than hexidecimal even though it's handled as a hexidecimal in the editor.
Example being, spawn 01 custom_h000 spawns a unit with the raw data of h000 (if you enable raw data view in the object editor you can see and search for h000. Normally the first human custom unit you make).
However, spawning destructibles requires you to convert the raw data (hexidecimal number) of the destructible to a decimal in order for WC3 to recognize it.
Of course you can make something that reads the raw data a player puts in and convert it to decimal

As for spells you have to do the long grueling way of name -> playerinputstring to a cooresponding ability [using arrays]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.