WIP An Icon is Born (Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been waiting for you to make a tutorial about your kick-ass icons GooS!

And I am not dissapointed, for a WIP it is amazing! :thup:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Any chance you could add Fire, Poison and other common effects used on weapons?

Still a WIP, fire and poison will probably be added under Advanced Effects which is not done yet.

ok my sword looks good but the handel is S*** go into further dtail on the lines on the handel plox other than that its good

I'll try to make it more clear :)

This will be a good tutorial when it's finished. It's already good as it is now. Good luck with it.

Thx mate, and yeah I WILL finish it, I've just had to much to do lately :/

I have been waiting for you to make a tutorial about your kick-ass icons GooS!

And I am not dissapointed, for a WIP it is amazing!

Thx ^^

---------------------------------------

As for the color things, I have already made thoose descriptions and they are somewhat like your's, I probably won't update this thread though as the tutorial is nearing completion.

Nexor

Reaction score
Woa nice tutorial!

Here's my sword :)

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Seeing as a few of your colors are missing, Yellow tends to be something "Holy"-related, and Purple tends to be Unholy or Death magic (especially if it's purple and green = undeath or purple and red = demonic)

Off topic to ghostwind:
The magic words here are "tends to be".
I can use a sword with a golden shining effect and call it sword of darkness if I want. It would not be conventional, but it would still be right if the map/game/book and so on, I am working on has that in the "story" or "rules".
That is the nice thing about fantasy, everything goes:cool:

And to goos:
Really great tutorial. I think I will install gimp2 again just to try this thing out:)
This can help people with more than warcraft actually. I can make use of this for the game that I am working on:) +rep to goos

Edit:
I need to add that after trying it, I need to ask: Do you use gimp? beacuse I do and I could not make any sense at all out of that:(
This is just a suggestion, but can't you make some kind of , crap, don't know the english word for it "tabeller".
like this:

Brushsize: 2
Opacity: 15%
and so on..
for each isntance of the tutorial, just to make it easier to understand for us beginners?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... I read your tutorial, just for the ideas. I used them and after 10 minutes of freehad drawing this is what i got:
bdbed1d13b06e6ef.jpg

4bc44c771ebc9a54.jpg

It was my first try ever! Well I sugjest that you add shield/armor/gems/coins tutorials as well. Why not make it a really big tutorial? Good job so far!

Broshir

Reaction score
This is mine (i made lil different than guide)

Crystalforged%20Sword.jpg

This was the first time i used Photoshop "for real" (b4 i've only liquified stuff for fun) and imo it wasn't bad at all. Very Pro guide, keep it up!

note: It would be nice if u add other things too.

FlashDeath

Reaction score
This tutorial is great! Have been finding something like this, but always end up with the importing stuff. This time I found it finally.

Randor244

Reaction score
Why is this in the Members' projects section and not in the Tutorials section? Just curious...
And, oh, great tutorial :D I do quite alot of these things in Photoshop myself, and your tutorial is brilliant :D :D

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Why is this in the Members' projects section and not in the Tutorials section? Just curious...
And, oh, great tutorial :D I do quite alot of these things in Photoshop myself, and your tutorial is brilliant :D :D

Because it's a WIP, hopefully I will get to work finishing it sometime soon, but I'm gonna finish the pile-up of requests first :)

//==GooS

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well you know not evory one has photoshop :nuts: all i have is paint so do something for it or something :thdown:

Randor244

Reaction score
You could always "buy" it.
(I assume I could say that :D There have been many others saying similar things, for example: You cannot export/change any model made in Maya into a .mdx or .mdl format. "Buy" 3DSMax 5 or find Milkshape somewhere.)

Or, use The Gimp, a free application similar to PS.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not really possible to make a tutorial for MS Paint.
It's so complicated to use, that nobody in the world knows how to.

I suggest getting The GIMP. It's free, and similar to Photoshop.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
first off IM NOT GOING TO BUY IT :nuts:
and i never heard of gimp i realy dont want to try it

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's no need to buy anything.
Just use The GIMP. Link in post #33.

Randor244

Reaction score
You know, you could buy Photoshop Elements for a tenth of PS's price - if it turns out you don't like The Gimp ;)

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well heres my sword :banghead: randor i dont have anything to buy any products so i cant get it

Attachments

• sword.jpg
    sword.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 305

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Absolutely great tutorial. ;)

I learned alot. :)

This is my sword:
btnsimplesword.png

(Sorry for later posting ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.