Analog of *PhoenixFire ability* ??

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
hey guys i just in a shock right now...

Because i cant find any analog of *warcraft 3 PhoenixFire ability* !! Who dont know - this ability allow to make battletanks / battleships type of gameplay.

Weapons+ Its not the same!!! Because its not support weapon stacking... if here 2 weapons which attack ground only 1 will work!

So i am looking in Behaviors+ and its looks like here is nothing "to automatically shoot projectiles at nearby targets"!

Is it true? We are lack of this ability? Thx.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
I have noticed that it is possible to hook up every effect to almost everything.

You could probably hook some attack effect thing up to an ability that automatically targets nearby units, such as the Mothership's Cloak.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
This is possible with the turret abilities. o.o... Though which ones work I am not sure.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
i've been playing with this trying to figure out how to do this for a while now... Not really sure. I was playing with the turret abilities which i think might be the only way... it feels like war3 had so many abilities that could be stolen from to form the ones you want but in sc2... there just aren't enough interesting abilities to use to make games like you could in war3 without some pain.

plus the data editor takes forever to use in order to successfully make ANYTHING. /sigh. i'll be watching this thread! i need to make a battleships game.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
You do the pheonix fire thing by creating a weapon with the right flags and giving it to a unit. I forget the flags but you can figure it out.

If you want to test just take something like a immortal(nice cause very visible projectile) and play around with its weapon until it can move and fire at the same time.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Was able to successfully create this, but only if you want it as an unselectable unit... Since, when I used this method on an immortal, his walk animation was destroyed, as well as his upper turret's movement. So in effect, he could shoot while walking, but his animations were screwed.

Advice D.

Reaction score
You could probably hook some attack effect thing up to an ability that automatically targets nearby units, such as the Mothership's Cloak.

<snip>

What you want to do is create a buff behaviour with a periodic effect similar to the Cloaking Field, but change the effect to only target enemies rather than allies and player units, set the maximum targets to whatever value you want, and put a LaunchMissile effect of your choice as the effect for the search radius.

Here's an example map, featuring autofiring weapons with different periods, ranges, max targets, and one that requires 100 energy to fire.
View attachment PhoenixfireExample.zip

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
@ Advice D. you're pretty cool. thank you.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
What? Can't you just put units on top of units as Blizzard did with the Omegalisk from the demo video?:eek:

Edit: I mean attach them like they did.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
Advice D.

OLOL i cant stop playing with your Kamikaze ability,haha

I'll definetely put it in use XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.