Angle within bounds, always comes back false.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I've got a trigger that relies pretty heavily on checking whether or not the angle between a specific unit and a point (actually a set of points) is within a certain range. However, I've been having trouble with the condition of this ability, which seems to always come back false no matter what the angle SHOULD be.

For example:
Trigger:
  • UI - Display (Text((Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][1] to (Position of (Picked unit)))) with Any Precision decimal places) for (All players) to Subtitle area
    • UI - Display (Text((Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][3] to (Position of (Picked unit)))) with Any Precision decimal places) for (All players) to Subtitle area
    • UI - Display (Text((Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][5] to (Position of (Picked unit)))) with Any Precision decimal places) for (All players) to Subtitle area
    • General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If
        • -150 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][1] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= -30
        • -30 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][3] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= 90
        • Or
          • Conditions
            • 90 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][5] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= 180
            • -180 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][5] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= -150
      • Then

This always returns false even though my debug messages (also shown) use the same exact calculation and show in-game that the angles are indeed between within the specified bounds. (being at -90, 30, and 150 degrees for the first, second, and third condition, respectively)

I know this is probably just some stupid mistake I made because I'm too tired or something, but I've eliminated everything I can think of, and the trigger seems to be working perfectly save this one error, so I'm stuck.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Trigger:
  • If
    • -150 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][1] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= -30
    • -30 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][3] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= 90
    • Or
    • Conditions
    • 90 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][5] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= 180
    • -180 <= (Angle from HexCorner[X][Y][5] to (Position of (Picked unit))) <= -150
For that part, do you want...
(condition1, condition2) or (condition3, condition4)
Or do you want...?
(condition1, condition2, (condition3 or condition4)

Arkless

Reaction score
no, the problem is that they fucked that condition up, it says " low value <= value <= high value"

something like angle has to be between -150 and -30 would be
"-30 <= angle <= -150"

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
try high <= var <= low
(one of blizzards fails xDDD)

Oh man, that's ridiculous. It's working perfectly now though, so thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.