Animation for school proj.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
I have to create a movie of one of the Canterbury Tales this quarter in English, but that's not really important. I need some info on ways to improve this flash animation, and some critiquing on what I already have. I mostly need suggestions on Part 1. I only made Part 2 because 1 is so short.

Here is the story behind the 1st animation (it does need context, otherwise it seems retarded).

From wikipedia(the friar's tale):
A summoner who meets a yeoman one day who asks him what he does, but rather than admit he is a summoner, an odious profession, he says he is a bailiff. The yeoman says he is also a bailiff and when the summoner asks how he makes money the yeoman admits in any underhand way he can. The summoner agrees this is also how he works and then, in the spirit of confession, the yeoman says that he is actually a daemon from hell. This does not seem to overtly concern the summoner and he simply asks how he is able to take human form. They come upon a carter damning his stubborn horses to hell; when they do move he praises God. The summoner criticizes the daemon for not capitalizing on this situation and taking the horses, but the daemon explains that since the man was not sincere in cursing the horses he couldn't take them. The summoner then says that he will show the daemon how it is done, by extorting money from an old widow woman even though he admits there is nothing legitimate to summon her for. They go to her house and the summoner demands a bribe from her or he will summon her to court on a spurious charge. He also demands she give him her new pan in payment for an old debt, falsely claiming he paid a fine to get her off a charge of adultery. The old woman is so incensed she damns the summoner unless the summoner repents his false charges; the summoner refuses to repent and the daemon, obligingly, takes his soul—and the old woman's pan—to hell.

PART1:
Part1-1.gif

PART2:
Part2.gif

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol... strange.

For the purpose of making it cleaner and more professional, I suggest drawing them the same each time or about the same, or using like lines for like the arms, feet, head, etc.
And why not use normal text? :) Right now it is hard to read. Not really, but like it's sloppy, like what I say next.

It's like kinda sloppy :p but that could also be seen as funny, so I guess it's okay. And it's school, so doesn't matter, lol.

Background! :D In terms of a like real, non-school thing, it needs improvement, but since it's school, yay.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
thanks much for the info. I agree with the sloppiness, but I'm not that good with lines & shapes, unfortunately.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
less talking. if there is mass of talking it has to be done fluently and in place.
1. At the end of part one. when blue guy got thrown, he should LAND on the floor, not fall through it.
2. When it comes to fighting, you have to get the physics right. which includes moving his hands arms and legs when hes doing a jump kick of some sort

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
And with "Widows House", House should not have the door in between it should it>
Ho_____use?

But I like it anyway :)

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use the text tool.

Use bones with motion tweening for a smoother look.

Physics please?

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help and feedback! +rep if i can
I presented the project last Thursday as a powerpoint with this anim as one of the slides & got very positive reviews from the teacher =D.

Here was my final version of the animation:

No one in the class seemed to notice the bad physics, fortunately, and I ended up not showing the fight scene. So it all turned out really well, and our group got an ovation at the end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.