Other Anime Hero Wars

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I don't like the 'Anime' part of this map. (I don't like it in any maps..)
The only resemblance of the anime series are the names and some of the skills (which, apparently, the characters in the anime series uses. I wouldn't know, I don't watch anime.)
I sugest you take the whole anime part right out of there and rename the map to something sane like 'MagusZero's Hero Wars'.
Also, as jube1412 mentioned, the hero's unit soundset are messed up.

I tried your updated map, but I don't know what the updates are. I also noticed that using Computers doesn't do anything.
You should make more updates per version, and write proper changelogs.

Your heroes still need a lot of work (mainly skills).

M

MagusZero

The anime portion is not bad; it allows for a completely different type of skills than using the Warcraft lore. It basically allows me to be bound by a completely separate basis than other map makers.

So Gilgamesh sounds wrong? I can fix that; note that the HiME are all female, which is the reason for THEIR odd sound sets.

And as to the skills, in the name of balance, I decided that each hero should have a stun, a passive, their summon, attribute bonus, and one custom spell, well fitted to the character's personality.

I think I'll go ahead and write up a better changelog now.

The map is nearing completion, needing very little in my opinion to be enjoyably playable, So the updates will of course be somewhat small.

And haven't you noticed that after 30 seconds, computer players choose a hero and then attack move down the path? They're stupid, I'll give you that, but it's better than nothing.

The basis of my characters is as valid as basing them on Warcraft lore. If you don't recognise them, that's your loss; because to be quite honest, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for one is a masterpiece. It's not like I'm basing my map on Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, or any other lame Jump show. I blame anti-anime sentiments on pokemon, yugioh, and dragonball. Some are quite good. Don't be biased!

Jube, I'd gladly've changed the icons for the recipes, but they have to obviously go together. So instead I changed the tooltip.

M

MagusZero

I wish I could rename this thread; that would be a huge help. Then people other than {EDIT}JUST{EDIT} you two would come in.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
The anime portion is not bad; it allows for a completely different type of skills than using the Warcraft lore.

I wish I could rename this thread; that would be a huge help. Then people other than {EDIT}JUST{EDIT} you two would come in.

-But you're not using any custom skills? :confused:

-I wish you would stop double posting. As I've said before; use 'Edit' instead.
-This thread has been visited over 200 times. I bet quite a lot of people has been checking this thread out.

If you need any help with ideas or triggers for your heroes you could make a new thread and ask for the help. I'm sure lots of people will be glad to help.

M

MagusZero

The updates are in the main one, which i keep editing.

Most heroes have a custom skill. Only maybe two or three don't, and that's on purpose.

EDIT: And at least I'm not spouting BUMP, like certain other people on this forum.

I do consider the map pretty well finished now though. I just need a nice, large opinion base to glean from.

M

MagusZero

The nuke was really unbalanced before; so I've added enough negative effects to carrying it that you can;t really use it solo very easily; but you can do it if you're careful. And now Mikoto and Akane SHOULD be worth actually using.

M

MagusZero

Sigh... I've resorted to an obvious bump... But I can't allow myself off this page or noone will ever see my map again. EDIT: Wow, Yukino's wards were useless; should be fine now.

M

MagusZero

Well, to all intents and purposes, this is probably a bump. But I'll give some more info; The towers were useless with their varying attack types, and cannon towers could only damage heroes before; that should be fixed now.
Also, often units would attack you from outside your LOS, so that has been fixed as well. Also, Yukino and vision towers have higher LOS than the others; the reason for Yukino's LOS being larger is rather self-evident to people who have seen Mai HiME. (After all, True Sight is useless in hero wars)

decored

Reaction score
Why not invite some others on your map. I'm sure you'd be proud to call it your own creation but it is ideas that you need specially on heroes abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.