ANNOYING newgen problem

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Honestly i think AVG hates newgen. After one of their updates, about 2 months ago, it started detecting japi.dll as a Trojan Horse BackDoor.Agent

It also detected listfile.dll and pipe.dll

And APPEARANTLY when i re-dled the dll files from the newgen download of this forum, there was a wierd .exe file that it picked up.

Here's a definition of the virus: (Not an exact definition)

Backdoor Trojan horses usually install themselves after the Trojan horse file is ran. They also allow remote access to the infected computer when connected to the internet.

In their least dangerous form they can cause the infected computer to download or upload specific files or run certain programs. More dangerous Trojan horse will allow the perpetrator full control of the infected computer.

I tried clicking ignore.. And this made me think.. did someone hack into newgen and activate a virus through these dll files?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
no avg is just over protective. it probably detecting the hooks that newgen uses to run as an extension with WE.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Good point. Although i can't ignore it because it keeps detecting it on open and halting its action...

btw, for those who don't know what those files do, it's grimex, a.k.a WE extentions. VERY useful for multiple terrains.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that Anti-virus programs pick up dll files in the NewGen package because they use dll-injection.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.