Anti-virus software

oorosco

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm curious about 4 things, here're my questions.

1) What's the best free anti-virus.

2)Best pay-to-use anti-virus

3) Best Anti-spyware for free

4) Best pay-to-use anti-spyware.

It'd be great if one program had anti-virus and anti-spyware but i'm very much without a clue as to what makes each program good. For now i need a free anti-virus/spyware program but i am asking for ones that i can pay for for the near future because right now i cannot afford them.

Names i've seen online, Avast apparantly is good for anti-virus for free, Kaspersky and Bitdefender are both good for the money apparantly, and Spy-bot search and destroy= good free anti-spy. Can someone please rank these and others for me? I'm really hoping to find a good program.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Google.

I personally like Kaspersky. The internet version. But of course you'd need to pay for it. Free AVs are useless. They can only detect, but not clean. But then, try not to surf weird sites too much and risk infection.

(Note that the AVs in the site provided are the paid versions. Not the free ones.)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Malwarebytes Anti Malware has a really good free scanner that has solved many things I've come across, the best I've used.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Malwarebytes Anti Malware has a really good free scanner that has solved many things I've come across, the best I've used.
+1 From Me, I use it all the time.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
1) What's the best free anti-virus. Avast! Antivirus Free Edition

2)Best pay-to-use anti-virus Norton, I guess, but I recommend Avast!

3) Best Anti-spyware for free Ad Aware Free Edition, Hijack This!

4) Best pay-to-use anti-spyware. Ad Aware Pro

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Best pay is hands down either Kaspersky or BitDefender. Both are amazing...nothing even comes close. BitDefender here because it's a lot cheaper, prolly woulda went for Kaspersky otherwise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.