WIP [AoS] BftC: ReArmed and Reloaded

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
^Lazy :)

Nice images, but that water splash doesn't look too good.... maybe use TidalErruption model.... but for some reason, when I make lots of instances of that model, my game crashes.

Is that Blood Mage fire thingy, based on Cluster Rockets or something, because it looks like it.

Pure GUI? JASS is the way... it is overally better.

Is your website paid? How do people get their own website? Microsoft Frongpage?

Sid

Reaction score
~Blackrose
TidalEruption? Do you mean NagaDeath model?
It is a same model, in fact... Anyway....

what was it you did not like with the water splash?
Okay, I'll review the models about water eruptions and all..
Let's see if I can get a good replacement for it.

Thanks for the feedback, though

Blood Mage fire thingy is not Cluster Rockets... Nor healing spray.
It is a channelling ability but with a physical fire damage and not the magical.

The .Co.Nr is a free domain forward. The web was on Geocities.

~Warithseeker
Lazy :)

Sorry guys, no screenies for today. Hope you will have some tomorrow, :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
So.... here like I said I'll be. Ever considered of adding a trikster styled hero ? :p

Sid

Reaction score
So.... here like I said I'll be. Ever considered of adding a trikster styled hero ? :p

Oh yes, Nice idea...
I actually planned for Gunslinger style hero, but did not find a good model
(Ofc, there's one by Black_Stan, has nice animations, but it doesn't suit Warcraft)

Anyway, So you want a Trickster, who can dodge easily at one keypress?
And Taunt back to enemy... Come on... Is that all you have got?
Or may be at some point put on DT go in the berserk rage slashing and million stabbing the enemies..
Hmm... Sounds like a perfect Dante.

Jelli3

Reaction score
Hero: Death Knight
Model: Evil Arthas
Theme: HP MP Manipulation / Support Skills
Skills:
>> Decoy - A chance to summon and undead being right infront of attacked allied unit who takes the damage and crumples back to the ground
>> A Little Bug - A small insect (their invulnerable) follows target hero around for x minutes and calls another whenever a spell is cast. The death knight can trigger an ability if -
3 insects - deals 500 damage in aoe
4 insects - all drain mana until enemy hero runs 1200 feet
5 insects - New insects spawned and attach to nearest 3 heroes
>> Soul Strike - The death knights sword charges up with x damage per unit killed within x secs (active skill, not a passive)

Might get some more later

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
The screenshot is not really a tsunami is it? It just flies up... don't tsunami go outwards?
I played the classic, and it had only few spells! ALl of them were like... ladder spells.

But this one is the ultimate version of it with super features right? What does BftC stand for?

Sid

Reaction score
The screenshot is not really a tsunami is it? It just flies up... don't tsunami go outwards?
I played the classic, and it had only few spells! ALl of them were like... ladder spells.

But this one is the ultimate version of it with super features right? What does BftC stand for?

The screenshot is of "Old Faithful" - The geyser that erupts upwards...
Royal Guard also has other Tsunami abilities which travel in a wave forward, so don't worry... Unfortunately the SFXs are not so nice,
so, please stay patient till Mr. Eye-Candy makes some nice eye-candy!

BftC: Classic was supposed to be a Mini-AoS... Sorry about not having Custom Spells.

I hope you can look upto this one.... Here. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Not the DMC trikster hero :p I tryed re-maiking some of Dante's moves for warcraft but the game isn't ment to respond to rappid key pressing. I was thinking that the trikster hero won't doudge the attacks, he will repel them to a random enemy, but not the attaker. This will be as a passive. Then taunt, but there is an increaset % to repell the attack. As a third spell perhaps some kind of..... Blink spell and the ultimate shloud be Some active shield, that perhaps increases regenartion and pure armor but the hero can't use his repell passive.

Sid

Reaction score
Hmm.. I already have Bloodfiend with similar kind of abilities, I might rework him according to what you say.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Death Knight
Stats: Whatever :S

1st Spell- Magic Swap
Swaps the target's magic with your own. Gives the target's current mana you and your current mana to him. Each level decreases the amount of mana you give to him.
(If the target has 100 mana and you have 500, you will have 100 mana and he will have 500 after the spell is cast)

2nd Spell- Damage Manipulation
If casted on an ally, it will take less damage for a short time. If casted on an enemy, it will take more damage for a short time. Each level increases duration and increases its effects.

3rd Spell- Negate (passive)
Whenever the hero takes damage, a small % of it will be negated and converted to mana. Each level increases % converted and the amount of damage that is converted to mana.

4th Spell- Life Eater
Each second, the target enemy unit will lose a % of his health lost and a % of his current mana. Each point of mana lost also damages the target. Each level increases health lost %, mana lost % and damage done per mana point.
I hope the idea is good :p
Anyway, I love creating ideas :D

Sid

Reaction score
Ideas are good, but way too simple... How about a bit more complex ones... Please think out of the box guys...

Besides, the Next INT hero is Rage Winterchill the Destroyer [Frost based]
Expect a lot of Eye Candy, again!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hero idea 1 Lich
Hero consept: Slow styled hero. Good at imobilazing enemy units.
Spell 1 Frost nova. 100/200/300 base dmg and 50/100/150 nova dmg. Big mana cost, 3 sec cooldown. slow lasts for 3 seconds, 40/50/70% moovment speed. 40attack speed.

Spell 2 Crystal. Freezes a friendly unit in a crystal that gives him brutal hit point regeneration, but he can't attack or move. Lasts 5 seconds. 20/30/40 hp.

Spell 3 Dark Ritual. the classick spell. :)

Ultimate: Neverending Winter. (passive) Each 2 seconds the lich will release a wave of frost that is going to slow evry enemy unit in 400 AoE and are going to slow the opponents ms and as by 7/10/14% for 8 seconds. Stacks!!!! With each eruption there is 12/15/19% on target that it will be frozen for 2 seconds and for evry 5% attack and movment speed reduction the frozen unit takes 20 dmg. After the process is over(the freezing that is) the slow begins at 10% ms and as reduction.

Jelli3

Reaction score
I can only think of one good spell right now
>> Frozen Recoil - Nearby units are paused, and swept away into the wind. After x seconds they are hurled at a target area, shattering on impact and causing the nearby units damaged to do the same thing?

Sid

Reaction score
Liked Neverending Winter... Nice..
But Lich already has an ultimate - Sub Zero -
Freezes all units (except friendly heroes but including allied non hero units as well) over the time of 5-7 seconds... in the target area... The units will be slowed further over time more they stay in the effect, and ultimately encasing them into the icy crystals. Which will reduce their hitpoints to critical level, such that even one hit could get fatal. In this situation, none of the frozen targets will be valid targets for healing or restoration spells.

The targets will be freezed to motionless state only if they withstand the full effect of Sub Zero, the units that manages to leave area will survive, though. Freezing a target takes 5 seconds, while channelling continues upto 10 seconds..

Has relatively long cast range, and Bigger AoE than most ultimates.

Secondly, Why is the hero named Destroyer? Because he's about nukes and not about slowing and all.
Rune Mage is a best INT Support hero, Archon is a great tactical hero.
All we need is nuker... That's why he's Destroyer.

My basic idea was that he'd behave like a normal frost hero, but at certain point, he can awaken the destroyer form...
(which could be shown by some dazzling SFX) And after that, his abilities start having different effects... More towards death and damage, rather than slow or immobilization.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Rage Winterchill, the Destroyer
Frozen Death- The hero traps the unit in a block of ice, dealing small amounts of damage a second and disabling movement. The unit takes more damage from Winterchill's spells.

Frost Lazer- Rage Winterchill channels a powerful lazer that will be released gradually, its strength increases per second. The lazer does damage for each pulse the unit is hit with, increasing with each pulse.

Frozen Mana- Winterchill freezes the target's mana, removing it from the target's mana pool, and turns it into a block of energy. The block will explode after a few seconds and deal damage based on the amount of mana removed.

Finger of Death- Winterchill unleashes a bolt of death, causing massive damage to the target. The spell forces the target's soul out and if the soul does not return to the body, the target will lose a large amount of health. Each second the soul is missing will also cause the target to lose health.
(You cast it on some guy, you deal some damage and a soul appears somewhere away from the hero. The soul will not move and the hero has to move towards it to restore it.)
Sad, couldn't do a proper one :(

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Why do you ask? Let him take as long as he wants :p
Screenshots are proof enough he is working on it and you sound rather negative somehow...
PS: Rage Winterchill is more Darkness/Frost in the campaign :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
BlackRose is always never always negative (Does that sound right? I think im saying not negative)! He will support you!

Will it have a very competive AI? Will you include not-very-complex descriptions/commands/mode.... like in some maps...... Are you open to more ideas and contributions!!

If so! Me wants to help!

Sid

Reaction score
Sorry, people...

I was caught up with my this year's final examination... Hence could not keep you guys updated with the develpment of the Map.

The Death knight has two abilities,
One of which is HP or MP Regen/Degen. Support Skill.
And second one is the HP flow redirection... Expect screenies soon.

On the other hand, Rage Winterchill is Frost/Darkness themed hero. It has Frost abilities and an Awkened form transformation... After which the same abilities have Darkness style effects rather than Frost... This guy has Cool Eye-Candy, Stay tuned.

~Blackrose
All systems used in the Map are quite simple, and user friendly... I tend not to have complex systems as they are mostly prone to lots of errors! ;)
Secondly, AI making is seriously difficult, as Map's terrain is tricky. I'll try to make one though, But I shall first release a Non-AI playable version, and then Make an AI.
Plus, I am still open to all New and Out-Of-The-Box Ideas.

And thanks a lot for supporting, You'll soon have a release to play...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.