[AOS] Heroes Of Warcraft - single player test

In my opinion

• The map is a shit, you should quit.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • This is just another regular AOS.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • The game is cool, I'll probably play it when beta comes out.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • This game is AWESOME!

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

mapguy

Reaction score
POST FEEDBACK, PLEASE!

NEED ITEM IDEAS

GAME
The game is a classic AOS. It only has a few bonus features which is going to be listed below.

STORY:
The new world is discover and everyone throws their lives into this new misterious land in a quest for treasures. One day, 2 rival groups of explorers finds a huge treasure buried in the middle of an ancient city. Both groups starts a deadly fight to own the treasure, each group has an army and powerful heroes. There is no good or evil ... only greedy.

Gameplay
This is not a slow AOS with pre-made spells and lots of targetable spells. It is 100% custom and most of the spells requires you to aim, use strategy, timing and team play.
-There are two ways of fighting. Team play and one on one combats. Ever hero is designed to work well in both modes.
The game is supposed to be fast paced with small cooldowns, but, the spells are designed in a way that it is not good to use all of them in the same time, but, each in the best time for each possible purpose.
The spells have more than one use for them, they are not just part of a combo.

Features
Stamina: Every hero has 50 stamina. The stamina is always equal to HP/2. The hero gain 1 bonus movement speed for each stamina point. Which means, when a hero is at full healthit gains +50ms, If the hero is at half life ir gains +25ms. Heroes that are almost dead will move slower, making them easy to kill.

Intelligence CAN be late game: The spells have no level, each hero starts with 3 spells, gains 1 new at level 6 and another at level 10. None of the spells gains levels. But, you can buy items that improves overall power of them, example:
+ 10% skill damage (increased the damage dealt by your hero skills by 10%)
+ 10% damage resist (Reduces incoming damage by 10%, which is indirectly the same of increasing the power of healings)
The intelligence heroes also have acess to active items that gives them a bigger set of spells.

Items divided by attribute: There are 4 equipment shops in the game. One for only INT, another for only STR and the other for only AGI and the last for ALL. It means that only STR heroes can have items that gives massive endurance power. Only AGI can have huge attack speed abd attack damage. Only INT can have large mana and mana regeneration. The ALL shop contains balanced items for all classes.

Quests: During the game you ask the NPC "task master" for a quest. Then your hero receives a mission. If the mission is complete you receive some lumber, if you fail you cannot try new quests during 5 minutes. The lumber is used to improve the power of your creep army, giving more chances of victory. For some missions you will use your own hero, for others, you will use a different unit. Each quest can only be complete once per team.

Duel: you can ask an enemy for an 1v1 duel at any time. then, both goes to a different arena, separed from the game.

The best spells of this map are:
soul shield: target enemy
Removes the soul of the target dealing 90 damage in the process. That soul will start spinning around the soul hunter protecting him against the next 100 points of damage. Once the damage is absorbed the soul returns to the owner. The soul hunter can have up to 3 souls on his shield, the shield can also be lended to an ally (right click) or returned to the soul hunter (press "H").
Crate: target area
creates a crater at target area causing the ground to bend. Enemies that tries to escape from the crater have a chance to slide back to the center. Lasts 6 seconds.
Dance of rocks: active with no target.
The geomancer summons 6 rocks that spins around himself at 450 radius. The rocks gains speed with time, reaching the maximum after 3 seconds. When an enemy is hit by a rock it takes damage and is knockback based on how fast the rock is moving.

I CURRENTLY NEED:
-Testers (Any number). Currently I have: 0
- Garena Hosts (Any number). Currently I have: 0
- Bnet Hosts (Any number). Currently I have: 0
- Website programmer, someone to create a website for map dowloading and stuff (two). Currently I have: 0
- Artist, someone that can make an AWESOME loading screen and icons (two). Currently I have: 0.
- Model editor, someone who can create good custom models (two). Currently I have: 0.
Website programmer and model editor are not something for not...I'll just need them after I release at least version 2.0.

This map will be a colective work map. Everyone who helps, even if just a little will have it's name on credits and will also be able to use some features of the game, like: secret heroes (not imba, just secret). Edit terrain in the first 4 minutes of the game. And other cool and useless fun stuff.

The map like it was 20 days ago. Ill post updated screenshoots soon.
myaosmap.png

Please, test my map and give comments and feedback.
say which heroes are going good.
Say what you like.
What you dont like.
Relate any bug you discover.
And also say if the Environment on the top left base is good (JUNGLE THEME)

This is the test map.
Have fun.
---THIS IS ONLY PLAYABLE FOR 1 PLAYER - test version -
The last version for download was removed because it had some old heroes, this one has only new ones.
READ THIS!
The amazon spell called STORM BOLTS sais that you have to use the KEYBOARD ARROWS to change the direction of the shoots. THIS IS WRONG, you have to use the MOUSE

NEW TEST VERSION GUY. is the one Heroes Of Warcraft 1.0d.w3x

Attachments

• Heroes Of Warcraft (TEST).2.w3x
    325.2 KB · Views: 329
  • Heroes Of Warcraft (TEST)3.w3x
    390.6 KB · Views: 343

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You do know that you're supposed to wait for 24 hours before bumping right? :p

From the image, the terrain looks pretty good (the completed part). I was also wondering if you were going to post details on your heroes etc in this thread instead of making threads about it elsewhere :p.

mapguy

Reaction score
You do know that you're supposed to wait for 24 hours before bumping right? :p

From the image, the terrain looks pretty good (the completed part). I was also wondering if you were going to post details on your heroes etc in this thread instead of making threads about it elsewhere :p.

The map is there. You could just test the heroes?

ok, Ill place more details about them.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Bugs: When choosing a hero their speech when chosen is very low, probably because the sound is started at the hero building.

Mercenary hero ranged spells do not work, even when changed to range and melee then back again

Hero stats, i dont know if you wanted this but its like -2761000 or w/e to get 1 point of armor.

Fav hero:
I personally loved the amazon she was just kool, i love line spells.

Fav spell
Soul Shield, Anything to do with shields is just kool.

hero i didnt like:
Voodoo magician, idk i just didnt like him, rest are fine.

What should you change:
more items (durr)

the artillery unit should also be able to attack units, letting it just rush the tower looses it's effectiveness

Spells with summons!!! RAISE SKELETONS OR SOMETHING MAN!!!

the hero building also has a revive function, allowing anyone to revive for free before their time.

Terrain: I like it, mushrooms look nice get more
also with the battle field get some doodads.

I really liked this map, even for a test it was fun and exciting to see the spells you made, with time and work this will be a fun aos.

also how did you do the shields? I would kill to get to know how to do shields!
and if you need any ideas or suggestions give me a holler.

mapguy

Reaction score
Bugs: When choosing a hero their speech when chosen is very low, probably because the sound is started at the hero building.
This is really a bug. I will fix it for beta version.

Mercenary hero ranged spells do not work, even when changed to range and melee then back again
It works, You just have to wait 1 second. I hope...

Hero stats, i dont know if you wanted this but its like -2761000 or w/e to get 1 point of armor.
I want it. This map has NO ARMOR! It only has damage resistance, which is achieved with items and magics.

Fav hero:
I personally loved the amazon she was just kool, i love line spells.
Good you like her. I was about to remake some of her spells.

Fav spell
Soul Shield, Anything to do with shields is just kool.
This shield is the most complex spell in my map. It took almost 200 lines of GUI code (and this is not even MUI).

hero i didnt like:
Voodoo magician, idk i just didnt like him, rest are fine.
Hes is a shit, I told you. He will be ramake.

What should you change:
more items (durr)
Shops are not done, I will for sure put more items.

the artillery unit should also be able to attack units, letting it just rush the tower looses it's effectiveness
Yeah, ur right...
I think I just have to set attack type to siege and order it to stop when targeting a non-building.

Spells with summons!!! RAISE SKELETONS OR SOMETHING MAN!!!
I will have summons. Just not now.

the hero building also has a revive function, allowing anyone to revive for free before their time.
DU'H! This is a bug. I will fix it.

Terrain: I like it, mushrooms look nice get more
also with the battle field get some doodads.
I like mushrooms too. That why I choose jungle theme for my map :D.
The battle field is not done, I told you. Only the red square is done, the rest on the way.

I really liked this map, even for a test it was fun and exciting to see the spells you made, with time and work this will be a fun aos.
Thanks

also how did you do the shields? I would kill to get to know how to do shields!
and if you need any ideas or suggestions give me a holler.
The shield is not hard to do. This justs takes a long time to trigger.
PM me some day and I send you the triggers. (I don't have the editor right now)

mapguy

Reaction score
PLease people, COMMENT MY MAP.

I had 6 downloads of the other version and only 1 comments, C'mon!

hopy

Reaction score
<,<

First of all I must say that I like your map and your hero disigns. I'm sorry for the way to long post, it's a bit of a bad habit of mine.

Right... I'm now officialy going to stop making my map now. :p
It was nearly ready for beta... but seriously it's useless. xD Compared to these abilities mine are... horrible. You already had a few negative votes so far, so I can only imagen what it would be like if I posted mine I guess...

Anyways, the only thing I don't like about this map is that it's one of those 500x10^5000 "Computer player sends wave, you get a hero and need to push the other team back" kinda map, AOS is what it's called I believe.
Anyways, I realy like your heroes. Especialy that Geamancer seemed realy awesome when he's finished.
I guess that could just because I was going: "Omg, how the hell did he do that?" half of the time...

Souls hunter = has 3 of 5 spells.
I realy, realy liked that Soul Shield, I wanted to create something like it a while back but I didn't even get close to getting it to work at all. This spell seems like his main line of defence as well as dealing some extra DoT damage.

I haven't been able to fully test Possesion but it seems like a nice spell to stay alive when nearly dead. There's one problem with it though, its usefullness depends on the situation alot. Since I doubt it's useable against heroes and, from what I know, normal units in AOS maps are not always avalible and usualy die quite fast it wont be avalible to use in a lot of cases which can decrease its usefullness.

Soul siphon was a bit weird and I wasn't 100% sure what to expect when I casted this. For example: Does this count as a missing soul for Soul Torture? Will I be able to move while the vaccum is created? So basicly the main problem here is that it's a bit complicated and I only realy understood what happened after reading the tooltip 3 times and using it a few times as well. Other than that it seems like a nice spell although only usefull against a group (Since the 80 health lost in the vaccum is split between one person it wont lose any health).

Geomancer = has 2 of 5 spells.
I realy was a bit disapointed by the fact that he only had 2 spells avalible for I realy liked those two and couldn't wait to see two or three more.

Earth Shake was my favorite spell until I used Crater. :p
Earth Shake seems like a realy nice spell, it recuires some timing and aiming to use it right but most of all I like to imagen the reaction of the player you use this on after s/he just got into melee range and gets blown all the way back again.

Crater was epic... just plain epic. xD At first when I read the tooltip I thought: "Ow, most likely a small area of effect that recuires channeling and is pretty useless." but after I used it I was amazed at the looks. The clouds, the units getting thrown back into the pit when walking out, I loved it. The only thing is that it could be a bit overpowered, you cast this on one or two melee heroes and blast them to pieces with ranged attacks, even though I guess 6 seconds isn't enough for that.
Amazon = she has all 5 spells, but Ill modificate some.
<3
Assassinate shoot was brilliant. But maybe you could add the amount of time it takes until it's at full power (250) in the tooltip and I wasn't sure how to release the arrow. Moving to release it could be a bit annoying at times cause you would have to give your hero the command to attack again and stuff. Maybe replace Assassinate shoot or add an ability called Release Arrow or something.

Hunter skills is weird, cause hunters don't have any skills... lol.
Ehm, never mind. :D

Arc Strike as awesome as well. Looks nice, goes smooth and stuff and is just great. It seems like the main line of defence for her since she doesn't have any other kinds of knockback or shields, evasions. I seriously wanted to open your map and copie paste this one. xD

Storm Bolts was done realy nice as well, but the changing directions using the keyboard arrows only seemed to change my camera rather than her angle.

Vampire = he has all 5 spells, but his greater ultimate will be changed.
An awesome hero overal, I'm not sure if Fear did what it was supposed to do cause 1 out of 3 times I casted it the units didn't react to it at all and one other time 1 out of 4 units didn't react.

Red rage just seemed awesome to me, but there was one small thing about it though. At level 10 with some nice items he will easely deal 100 damage per hit, combined with the speed increase could become a pretty high total damage.

Ow and one small thing though: I would take a look at all your tooltips again. :) It might've been just me but some of them were a bit hard to follow and I had to read them a few times before I fully understood what it was supposed to do (Before using the ability). And there were some small spelling mestakes as well, especially with its and it's. :p (It's = it is, its is for for something belonging to it). English isn't my main language as well so I will not be able to fully help on that part.

And one more one last thing... Is it ok if I copie your damage detection system if I plan to continue anyways? If I find out how it works cause it's pretty confusing so far.

mapguy

Reaction score
First of all I must say that I like your map and your hero disigns. I'm sorry for the way to long post, it's a bit of a bad habit of mine.
thanks

. xD Compared to these abilities mine are... horrible. You already had a few negative votes so far, so I can only imagen what it would be like if I posted mine I guess...
The people at this forum will most of the times give negative votes to you, sometimes because they don't like you, sometimes because they think their maps is better than yours, sometimes because they are right. I really think that have some positive vottes here is A LOT.

"Omg, how the hell did he do that?" half of the time...
My spells are not that hard since they are not MUI. (this is a reason why no one shoul copy them). They just require patience to make and concentration, because all my spells are linked to my damage detection and unit recycle system.

I realy, realy liked that Soul Shield, I wanted to create something like it a while back but I didn't even get close to getting it to work at all.
Saying the truth to you: The soul shield is the most complex spell in my map, it took almost 500 lines of code, It fully interacts with damage detection and also with the other soul hunter spells. You can try to copy + paste it on your map, but it wont work, since you don't my damage detection system.

I haven't been able to fully test Possesion but it seems like a nice spell to stay alive when nearly dead. There's one problem with it though, its usefullness depends on the situation alot. Since I doubt it's useable against heroes and, from what I know, normal units in AOS maps are not always avalible and usualy die quite fast it wont be avalible to use in a lot of cases which can decrease its usefullness.
Possession WORKS on heroes, you just need to get a unit with NO SOUL with hitpoints below 300. Then, SPLASH!

Soul siphon was a bit weird and I wasn't 100% sure what to expect when I casted this. For example: Does this count as a missing soul for Soul Torture? Will I be able to move while the vaccum is created? So basicly the main problem here is that it's a bit complicated and I only realy understood what happened after reading the tooltip 3 times and using it a few times as well. Other than that it seems like a nice spell although only usefull against a group (Since the 80 health lost in the vaccum is split between one person it wont lose any health).
No no no no. The 80 damage is PER enemy. The healing is split among allies of the soul hunter. sorry if the tooltip is confuse, I'll make it more clear.:p

I realy was a bit disapointed by the fact that he only had 2 spells avalible for I realy liked those two and couldn't wait to see two or three more.
:Dwait for next test version:D

Earth Shake was my favorite spell until I used Crater. :p
Earth Shake seems like a realy nice spell, it recuires some timing and aiming to use it right but most of all I like to imagen the reaction of the player you use this on after s/he just got into melee range and gets blown all the way back again.
this is an annoying spell, really.

Crater was epic... just plain epic. xD At first when I read the tooltip I thought: "Ow, most likely a small area of effect that recuires channeling and is pretty useless." but after I used it I was amazed at the looks. The clouds, the units getting thrown back into the pit when walking out, I loved it. The only thing is that it could be a bit overpowered, you cast this on one or two melee heroes and blast them to pieces with ranged attacks, even though I guess 6 seconds isn't enough for that.
6 seconds is not that much, since lots of heroes have ranged spells and some have "blink-style spells"like the vampire, this is not opressive.

<3
Assassinate shoot was brilliant. But maybe you could add the amount of time it takes until it's at full power (250) in the tooltip and I wasn't sure how to release the arrow. Moving to release it could be a bit annoying at times cause you would have to give your hero the command to attack again and stuff. Maybe replace Assassinate shoot or add an ability called Release Arrow or something.
Dont you see the numbers in the left?
Yeah, really, Ill add an spell called, RELEASE!

Hunter skills is weird, cause hunters don't have any skills... lol.
Ehm, never mind. :D
Ill remove this spell, this is shit.

Arc Strike as awesome as well. Looks nice, goes smooth and stuff and is just great. It seems like the main line of defence for her since she doesn't have any other kinds of knockback or shields, evasions. I seriously wanted to open your map and copie paste this one. xD
You can copy:thup:. This does not have to interact with my damage detection system, so, this is easy to put to work. Just make sure you copy it right...

Storm Bolts was done realy nice as well, but the changing directions using the keyboard arrows only seemed to change my camera rather than her angle.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
The tooltip said ARROWS!?
Sorry!
It was supposed to say MOUSE, you change the directions of the shoots using the MOUSE:p

Vampire = he has all 5 spells, but his greater ultimate will be changed.
An awesome hero overal, I'm not sure if Fear did what it was supposed to do cause 1 out of 3 times I casted it the units didn't react to it at all and one other time 1 out of 4 units didn't react.
The units has to be LOOKING to the vampire, this is written pretty clear in the tooltip.

Red rage just seemed awesome to me, but there was one small thing about it though. At level 10 with some nice items he will easely deal 100 damage per hit, combined with the speed increase could become a pretty high total damage.
My map is not based on items. Items gives a little help, but You cant triplicate your damage with items, maybe duplicate, but to duplicate your built must be focused on damage.

Ow and one small thing though: I would take a look at all your tooltips again. :) It might've been just me but some of them were a bit hard to follow and I had to read them a few times before I fully understood what it was supposed to do (Before using the ability). And there were some small spelling mestakes as well, especially with its and it's. :p (It's = it is, its is for for something belonging to it). English isn't my main language as well so I will not be able to fully help on that part.
sorry...I'm Brasilian, my english is regular.

And one more one last thing... Is it ok if I copie your damage detection system if I plan to continue anyways? If I find out how it works cause it's pretty confusing so far.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA.
COpy my system is EASY, understand this shit is fucking hard...:D
If you can undertand this messed system with lots of lines and shit, well, you can pretty sure copy... But dont forget to also undertand the unit recycle system that is attached to the damage system:thup:
If you have troubles (and you will have) to understand this GUI messed up damage system, PM me.

P.S: The souls removed with soul vortex counts as removed souls, so, you can possess and tortre those units.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
First Comment: Good job!:thup:
First hero i tried out is your vampire. Then I felt that vampire is very boring and nothing special so i stopped testing others.
Then a few days later i see your threads.
Therefore, I start the heroes that has good comments.
I so far tested only 3 heroes
And I like Geomancer and Soul Hunter Hero
I wanted to make the spells in soul hunter so i looked at the code and I understood, the trigger is quite simple, but it is done in a new innovative way of making eyecandy/candyeye (i forgot):thup:
I going to use the way of triggering in my map but of course edit and use it with my own way. Hope you dont mind
I like Geomancer spell, it is creative with great eyecandy/candyeye
I will edit it to make it more epic and use the effects in an indirect way in my map
And GL on your map :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
First Comment: Good job!:thup:
First hero i tried out is your vampire. Then I felt that vampire is very boring and nothing special so i stopped testing others.
Then a few days later i see your threads.
Therefore, I start the heroes that has good comments.
I so far tested only 3 heroes
And I like Geomancer and Soul Hunter Hero
I wanted to make the spells in soul hunter so i looked at the code and I understood, the trigger is quite simple, but it is done in a new innovative way of making eyecandy/candyeye (i forgot):thup:
I going to use the way of triggering in my map but of course edit and use it with my own way. Hope you dont mind
I like Geomancer spell, it is creative with great eyecandy/candyeye
I will edit it to make it more epic and use the effects in an indirect way in my map
And GL on your map :thup:
THANKS FOR PLAYING

You really understood my messed up triggers?
You really undestand all GUI trash I writte?
You really understood that the soul shield can ONLY WORK with MY custom damage detection system?
Do you understand that some variables works with variables in other triggers and that if you do it wrong you crash the game?
--I would just ask you not to COPY my spells, first because theire mine, second because a mapmaker purpose is beeing creative, and copy is not creative. At least change the spells, make it different, use mine as a base to learn how to do something similar, not just copy+paste on your map... Or everyone who plays your game will say:
"well, you just copied the spells of that guy..."

P.S: The CRATER spell has bug, for sure u didn't noticed it because you told me you'll copy it. So, your map will have an spell with an epic bug. But like you said, you understand my codes, so you can manage to find and fix the crater bug:thup: (Or you can't:D?)

-The text above is not supposed to offend, if you get offended ask me-

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I understand the triggers they arent that messy.
Of course I will not copy directly because i have my own temporary variables and you have own temporary variables and you recycle units while I don't
I just like the eyecandy/candyeye they are so epic and beautiful
After my editing, I will make spells have different effects and more beautiful, so people will not say I copy because it has at least a bit of difference
Therefore, don't worry.

mapguy

Reaction score
I understand the triggers they arent that messy.
Of course I will not copy directly because i have my own temporary variables and you have own temporary variables and you recycle units while I don't
I just like the eyecandy/candyeye they are so epic and beautiful
After my editing, I will make spells have different effects and more beautiful, so people will not say I copy because it has at least a bit of difference
Therefore, don't worry.

at least put name on credits...:thup:

Edward

Reaction score
Hmm after testing all four heros, I must sya that you've done a great job with all of them!

I was thinking that maybe you could allow the Soul Shield charges to slightly increase the damage of the hero's spells with each additional shield, but consuming them after another spell (not equal to Soul Shield) is used.

As the guy said, the triggers are not messy, however there are two position leaks in the trigger "lightwave." That's minor though and I'd expect you'd remove all leaks once the map is ready for release. :0

By the way, what else would you like us to test?

mapguy

Reaction score
Hmm after testing all four heros, I must sya that you've done a great job with all of them!

I was thinking that maybe you could allow the Soul Shield charges to slightly increase the damage of the hero's spells with each additional shield, but consuming them after another spell (not equal to Soul Shield) is used.

As the guy said, the triggers are not messy, however there are two position leaks in the trigger "lightwave." That's minor though and I'd expect you'd remove all leaks once the map is ready for release. :0

By the way, what else would you like us to test?
:eek:location leak...you really read ALL my triggers?

the lightwave is for paladin, and paladin will be REMOVED from the map, so, don't be afraid, the 4 heroes you tested has NO LEAKS, the paladin, mercenary, voodoo, berserker will be REMAKE, so, everything is fine.

you are just supposed to test for bugs and say If you like.

since I'm a damn lazy guy, I never finish a hero before I start a new one, that's why I have 2 unfinished heroes (and I'll have more). I just always start before having all ideas, so, sometimes I get stuck, then I start a new hero. A time will come, when I'll have 12 unfinished heroes, then, it's time to start finisheng them...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.