Campaign Apocalyptic Downfall

crystalguard

Reaction score
For the past three years you have been stranded in the post apocalyptic Manhattan island after a so-called ‘Cure’ for the AIDS virus was distributed massively throughout the city which didn’t get rid of the virus, instead it opened what appeared to be a hellish like plague upon the citizens, changing them, completely destroying the person they once were, there bodily structure into something…. Something hellish. Taking the form of creatures thought only once to exist in nightmares and horror movies for the strong hearted. Unlike these, this time… it was real! After the situation was brought to the attention of outside sources the city was soon quarantined from the outside, making it impossible for anyone or anything to escape the devilish area.

You are one of the few survivors of the infected area, now known as The Down-Fall Zone. You seem to be immune to plague which since evolved to from an air-born string infecting the remaining survivors. Now supplies a depleting and ammo in growing scarce. You decide to attempt to escape, and make it to the mainland. But with over 10,000 people infected from the current count this will be no easy task.

~Good luck

This project is a map i've been planning on makeing for some time now, its a single player campaign type map. With a plot line somewhat a mix between the movie Dawn of the Dead and the console game Fall Out. As of now the map is.... in construction. The point of me creating this thread as of now is to possiably gain support and ideas from others at thehelper. Please post comments / concepts / anything that you think would be benificial ^.^ thanks to everyone :)
:thdown:~~:thup:CrystalGuard:thup:~~:thdown:

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Arrow keys and a camera following your unit? :D Could be interesting. Maybe you should have spells entirely controlled by hotkeys so the map almost rids the player of using the mouse.

crystalguard

Reaction score
hmm intresting idea, idk if i compleatly remove using the mouse with the game play im trying to implement, but for the most part and can be removed. For the arrow key movement idea, most that i've seen used have been jumpy, slow and for the most part unproductive, but ill try it ^.^, the hard part of using that, is aquiring items, it would be quite difficult when using arrow keys, which leads me back to using the mouse, is there away to stop make it so the unit wont move to the clicked location when using the mouse?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Arrow keys and a camera following your unit? :D Could be interesting. Maybe you should have spells entirely controlled by hotkeys so the map almost rids the player of using the mouse.

Arrow keys usually end up making a pretty glitchy movement system. I was trying to use that kind of thing a while ago and it made it really annoying.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Arrow keys usually end up making a pretty glitchy movement system. I was trying to use that kind of thing a while ago and it made it really annoying.

I created a movement system and it works desiant and it isant glitchy for the most part, it gets really annoying at times tho, it using the move instantly trigger instead of the issue order, which makes the movment alot smoother, but i cant get it to play an animation, or when it auto aquires a unti it dosen't turn to fact it when it shoots, so yes i'l consider it glitchey but overall it works

~~~~Heres the trigger that I usedm it proabaly leaks but owell, ill fix it later lol, I was just focused on creating a quick efficiant system... which this clearly is not~~~
-[ P.S. each direction of movement requires 3 triggers, I included the triggers for just one direction because the only things that change from trigger to trigger is the array value in MovementInteger[1 - 4] and the angle that the unit is facing [0
, 90[Foward], 180
, 270[Down] ]-

{
Blue = Unit Variable
Red = Camera Object Variable
Green = Point Variable
Orange = Player Variable
Teal = Integer Variable
}

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        [COLOR="Red"]Set Camera1 = Cam <gen>[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Set Player1 = Player 1 (Red)[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Blue"]Set PlayerUnit = Marine 0000 <gen>[/COLOR]
        -------- Right --------
        [COLOR="cyan"]Set MovementInteger[1] = 0[/COLOR]
        -------- Left --------
        [COLOR="cyan"]Set MovementInteger[2] = 0[/COLOR]
        -------- Up --------
        [COLOR="cyan"]Set MovementInteger[3] = 0[/COLOR]
        -------- Down --------
        [COLOR="cyan"]Set MovementInteger[4] = 0[/COLOR]
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Camera - Apply [COLOR="Red"]Camera1[/COLOR] for [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Player1[/COLOR] over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Lock camera target for [COLOR="darkorange"]Player1[/COLOR] to [COLOR="Blue"]PlayerUnit[/COLOR], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

Code:
Move Right
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                [COLOR="cyan"]MovementInteger[1] [/COLOR]Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Set MovePoint = ((Position of PlayerUnit) offset by 5.00 towards 0.00 degrees)[/COLOR]
                Unit - Move [COLOR="Blue"]PlayerUnit[/COLOR] instantly to [COLOR="seagreen"]MovePoint[/COLOR]
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Code:
Move Right Intel
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Right Arrow key
    Conditions
    Actions
       [COLOR="cyan"] Set MovementInteger[1][/COLOR] = 1
        Unit - Make [COLOR="blue"]PlayerUnit[/COLOR] face 0.00 over 0.00 seconds

Code:
Move Right Stop
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Releases the Right Arrow key
    Conditions
    Actions
       [COLOR="cyan"] Set MovementInteger[1][/COLOR] = 0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.