Armor Reduction

aussj4link

Reaction score
I've seen this in several maps before but now that I'm trying to do it its not working lol. How do people make armor reduction aura's? When I try to make the armor bonus of devotion aura to the negatives it just goes to 0 instead. The reason I ask is because I think I may have figured out how to make my armor break ability work. This is what I got so far:

Trigger:
  • Overpower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Armor Break (Buff)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Armor Break to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

Then to remove the aura:

Trigger:
  • Overpower Remove
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Overpower_UG has buff Armor Break (Buff)) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Armor Break from Overpower_UG

The second trigger probably doesn't quite work right, but I'm hope at least the 1st one will work, just need to know how people set the dev aura's armor bonus to negatives.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Hold down shift when you double click the field in Devotion Aura. Then it will allow you to enter negative numbers.

aussj4link

Reaction score
Thanks so much roaaaarrrr. now if I can just figure out the rest of the trigger lol, anyone know what to do? How would I add the unit to a variable so I could remove the aura after the buffs duration is up?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you want a debuff to be left after the unit's aura affects it, then you're going to need to create a dummy unit with the aura and a timer.

If you just want the armor reduction while it's affected by the aura then leave as be.

aussj4link

Reaction score
If you want a debuff to be left after the unit's aura affects it, then you're going to need to create a dummy unit with the aura and a timer.

If you just want the armor reduction while it's affected by the aura then leave as be.

I just need the effect to be on the unit until the duration of the buff is done. The spell is simple, its a passive spell using "Bash" with a 15% chance to inflict a little extra damage and reduce the targets armor by a small amount, the amount of armor reduction and damage increases with level. The only way I could think of to do this was to use the buff that the spell puts on the target, Using triggers that would be somewhere along the lines that if a unit has the buff then apply an effect that reduces its armor for a period of time. I'm not sure how a dummy works, is it basically a unit that has an aura and the aura only effects the unit I want? If so how would I be able to make it so that in the case where 2 units have the buff but at different durations to apply the effect and to remove the effect at the correct times? Thats my major dilemma :banghead:

Prometheus

Reaction score
Create the dummy unit, and make it stay on the unit that's been "bashed". Give this unit an armor reduction aura that affects allies or something, make sure it affects the target, and give it a range of about 5 or 10. Then, make the dummy die after X seconds.

aussj4link

Reaction score
Oky doky. I did that and after a bunch of editing I'm still running into an issue. This is what I've got for the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Overpower
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Armor Break (Buff)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Follow (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Armor Break to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions

I'm running into a weird issue. Its seems to be working so far pretty well, Ive had it go off a few times, my only problem right now is that even though I changed the buff on bash its still stunning the target, I'm guessing the buff has nothing to do with the effect. Is there anyway to remove the stun effect of bash?

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'd check the Bash ability, and see if there's some field that sets a stun duration.
You could always just re-make the ability from something like Dodge or an aura and simply check if the unit has that ability.

Stringel

Reaction score
there's only one way to remove it, restricting the types of targets the ability can be used on, preferably none if you want it to be a "dummy" ability

aussj4link

Reaction score
On the bash ability there is a duration but if I make it zero it never puts the buff on the target so the trigger never goes off and the target never gets the effect. I'm not sure what you mean by using dodge, wouldn't that mean that when my hero dodges he would get the effect? I'm using bash because it puts a buff on the target which I can use to do the effect of the trigger. Hmm, I wonder of critical strike uses a buff.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
No crit strike doesnt.
Maybe try "Liquid Fire" or "Corrosive Breath" or "Slow Poison" or "Incinerate" or Any orb effect

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
I'd just base it off 'Item Ability Corruption Bonus'. This has a field for armor reduction and a field for bonus damage. Then just trigger the % chance...

HeX.16

Reaction score
I'd just base it off 'Item Ability Corruption Bonus'. This has a field for armor reduction and a field for bonus damage. Then just trigger the % chance...

Like add it to the attacking hero in a disabled spell book? or make a dummy unit to attack it(1st is best).

aussj4link

Reaction score
Oh mai gawd! Are you serious, I'm sittin here pulling my hair out trying to make this work and there is already an ability that does what I need! (side from the % chance)

... oh well. One thing though, your intricate WE lingo confuses and amazes me. What do you mean by "Like add it to the attacking hero in a disabled spell book?" how do you do that? And also how would I go about making it a chance? thanks!

aussj4link

Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying something a little new but I'm kinda stuck, if anyone know where I should go from here in order to make the effect of the ability go off or not it would be much appreciated.

Trigger:
  • Overpower Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Overpower (Corruption Bonus)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set OP_Learned[1] = True
          • Set OP_Caster[1] = (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set OP_Learned[2] = True
          • Set OP_Caster[2] = (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set OP_Learned[3] = True
          • Set OP_Caster[3] = (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
    • (And so on...)

Trigger:
  • Overpower
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set OP_Chance = (Random integer number between 1 and 6)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Attacking unit) Equal to OP_Caster[1]
          • OP_Learned[1] Equal to True
          • OP_Chance Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set OP_Target = (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions

I'm lost dunno what to do next lol. :(

HeX.16

Reaction score
This disables the spell book
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Spell Book for (Picked player)

"Spell Book" is a spell book which contains your negative armor spell(corruption orb)
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Random_Int = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        • If - Conditions
          • Random_Int Less than 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
          • Wait - 0.27 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

This can be abused

aussj4link

Reaction score
Wont this make it so that the unit that is attacked gains the spellbook? spellbook I'm guessing is a hero's spells, so if I disable them at the start wont it make it so that heros cant gain skills? I'm confused :confused:

HeX.16

Reaction score
Disabling a spell book containing a spell that is a passive will make it still active but it cannot be seen. The spell book is then removed so you wont even notice the difference. The spell will be used though. Its tested and it does work.

aussj4link

Reaction score
I tried putting in the triggers and all that's happening is every now and then I give my target the corruption effect, I know because the mobs damage goes up by a few points. whats weird is armor is not being reduced. I gave the spell to my hero was I not supposed to do that? You said its tested and works so its gotta be something I did wrong.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Making a test map for you 1sec.
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Random_int = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        • If - Conditions
          • Random_int Less than or equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Attacking unit)
          • Wait 0.27 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions

Sorry just looked at trigger change triggering unit to attacking unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.