System Arrow Movement System

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I have created a movement system that allows you to move units with the keyboard arrows. This system is compatible with multiplayer maps and can handle multiple units of the same player, at the same time. It is also very optimized, using just 7 main triggers and 2 variables. iI have also included a trigger that if a unit is ordered to move (I mean the 3 move orders - move, smart and attack) the unit will just ignore that command, acting just at the arrows usage. A bit more info in the map itself. Read it!

Attachments

• Movement System.w3x
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,109

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
ehm..

Did you notice that you can't use any spells in the test? i'm i noob asking so i don't know if im being stupid, but thats what i expirienced...:D

S

Storm

I saw that this system is a bit crude. :p I think it should be updated.

L

Lumber_tycoo

Nice map, the only downside is the difficulty of using abilities. Other then that its a great map.

X

xzavius

This system: Updated!

Hey guys, I was looking for a good arrowkey movement system and luckily i found one right here. But yea, there are some problems and things i'd like done differently, so i changed it up a bit.

THE WAY IT IS NOW:

the left/right arrow keys turn the unit, and the up arrow key moves the unit forward, and the back arrow key moves it back. it can sitll move diagonally in all 4 directions, its greaT! I added a 3rd person camera feature...omg this is great!

Attachments

• Movement System 2.w3x
    72.7 KB · Views: 843
C

Creative.S

Hm, turning the unit is not so very.. precisly o_O Its kinda slow in reaction, and its not just turning a littlebit, but all the way if you understand what I mean. Get that fixed, and I'll concider it useful to my map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.