Atari VCS Atari VCS Future

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Atari VCS future is going to be based on what is going on with Atari stock right now.

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/PONGF

They are down to .15c US a share. The old CEO might have been a crook but his stock price was way higher. It is true though there is a trading limitation on Atari stock right now as they switch exchanges but I firmly believe the VCS future is going to follow that stock price. There is money behind Atari besides what that stock says but I am seeing a bunch of parallels in what is going on with the VCS development, and developer support, that is real familiar in what I saw with the Jaguar and the NUON.

The good news is that games have been coming out but the bad news is that the only thing Atari has going on is the Anniversary and the only game coming from them that has any hype is Food Fight. The Recharged games are great but I have no idea how much that is helping Atari financially. The stock price is not showing it.

Tempest 4K did not take advantage of the classic controller, Jeff Minter did not even work on it, he gave it to Giles and the lack of Attention to Detail on the Atari VCS shows.

Kombinera is good but where is the hype on the first original Atari IP in years.

What I would really like to know is WTF Atari was thinking when it bought MobyGames. For what they paid for that they could have put that into VCS development or games, or hired some people. When I see games like Apolune 2 that are struggling to get on the Atari store when that is exactly the game they want on the Atari VCS.

It is very frustrating because I am watching this like a Hawk seeing some things being done fantastic like getting Meghan McDuffee (reminds me of old Atari and NUON with Jeff Minter) doing the music for recharged titles then they just drop out of the Flashback Friday without any official announcement. It just shows a company in disarray.

I hope they can get their stuff together with hopefully hiring the Development Support position they are advertising but if they are going to have problems like this executing their plans Wade Rosen is not long for this company. Come on man, you have the Adventure IP and you are just releasing it again on a VCS cartridge a 99c VCS game that is already available in the Vault.

I am a huge Atari fan even in the state they are now and I dearly hope they get their shit together but right now I am getting Intellivision vibes on them. The Stock Price and financial disclosures also tell a story. I hope they can at least last a couple more years but like Atari of old when the Tramiels were in charge I think when the stock price goes lower than 10c we are going to get a close down and buyout to get a discount on there IP which will most likely be the death knell for the VCS.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.