Aura w/ Req not working

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I have given my hero a personal Vampiric Aura that has the requirement of a certain unit. However, when the player acquires said unit, and the aura now meets all the requirements to work, I get no effect from the aura. My hero does not gain the buff, nor does it steal health.

Targets for the aura are set to Self, but even copy/pasting the targets field directly from Vampiric Aura yields no change. The hero has 100 range, so it should be classified as melee. The units I am attacking are organic, not mechanical.

I also have another aura with the same requirement, and it works perfectly fine. It is a negative slowing aura the affects enemies.

So, is this some sort of problem unique to Vampiric Aura? How can I fix it? My best guess would be to add/remove a dummy Vamp ability, but I'd rather find out why this doesn't work.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
I have given my hero a personal Vampiric Aura that has the requirement of a certain unit. However, when the player acquires said unit, and the aura now meets all the requirements to work, I get no effect from the aura. My hero does not gain the buff, nor does it steal health.

Targets for the aura are set to Self, but even copy/pasting the targets field directly from Vampiric Aura yields no change. The hero has 100 range, so it should be classified as melee. The units I am attacking are organic, not mechanical.

I also have another aura with the same requirement, and it works perfectly fine. It is a negative slowing aura the affects enemies.

So, is this some sort of problem unique to Vampiric Aura? How can I fix it? My best guess would be to add/remove a dummy Vamp ability, but I'd rather find out why this doesn't work.

are you 100% sure that your unit isnt classed like range unit with 100range?
start your map in look om attack :)
else a life steal orb effect is an alternativ oO

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Although there is no "melee/ranged" classification, you did lead me to the conclusion. The unit's attack was a missile. Thanks. I've got no idea why; it's the only melee unit with a missile attack in my map. Must've forgotten to convert it when designing the hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.