Health Australia could become first nation to outlaw smoking

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame tobacco plants for being made into cigarettes. Blame the ground for being the place where these plants grow. Blame nature for the very existence of these plants. Blame the world for the existence of mankind which is using these plants to make cigarettes.

Or: Just dont give a shit. Let smokers die from smoking. Let soldiers die from soldiering. Let living beings die for being living beings; and enjoy your life.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Second hand smoke is a joke. Those people are smoking for 20 years when they finally hit the grave from lung cancer. Do you think being exposed to second hand smoke for a few seconds has a big effect?
>> it causes harm other than death, for example how many of those smokers can actually play sports?
Just imagine how many exhaust fumes you inhale every day from the millions of cars driving around town. Just imagine all the fumes from the coal power plants. And what other toxic waste we are all exposed to in our everyday life.
>> cars/power plants have filters on them (especially power plants)
Second hand smoke is a joke compared to that. Nobody forces you to go into their houses, and many places are already smoke free.
>> smoke free places are somewhat of a joke around where I am.. maybe if they were seriously enforced, but that would be a lot of work as opposed to just banning them in general

Just screw those people. Let them die and dont give a shit.
>> problem is like you said, they don't die that fast - although would you be supportive of not providing medical care for smokers on issues such as lung cancer?

Should the government forbid the use of any plastic packaging because some people litter? This is how we do law now?
"...but this guy there is littering!" => *Punish everybody!*
>> littering is an offense.. the problem there is the capability of enforcement

This is ridiculous. Its like some kind of your personal crusade against smokers.
>> I am acting like many other people out of self-interest, tell me what would be the cons for me if there was to be a ban on smoking? I see quite a few pro's
If you hate them so much then set their houses on fire but dont try to abuse the law for this purpose!
>> tell me, what benefit do smokers get over "esmokers"? I admit I am uninformed in this area

Policeman are already working hard enough to clobber homeless people and <that word I am not allowed to use here because I get banned if I do>
>> which is why it's a general ban would be easier.. honestly as long as people aren't open about it I wouldn't care if people grew tobacco in their backyard

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.